Mythic Chess 0.4

rpgchocobo

Chocobo Tamer
Website
Visit site
Here I am once again reviewing another game. Today's game is Mythic Chess 0.4 by Dalto. Here is what I got to say:

Graphics-The graphics are very solid, easily depicting the piece and giving some detail to the game. The Mario set of chess pieces is very unique I and I love it! When I saw Mario chess pieces I was so happy to see some of my favorite characters in a hombrewn game! But, the graphics don't utilize teh Gp32's power to the max, but it is still a nice grphically looking game. 9/10

Sound- Uh, there is none. Just like previous games, I must give it a 1/10 for sound, giving it just a point for the hope of a release with sound. :lol: 1/10

Gameplay- Classic chess. What more can you want? The basic strategy game. There is no bad things about chess, and in order to review it you have to either like chess or hate chess. And I like chess! 10/10

Overall- Stunning. I recommend this game to any GP32 user even if you don't like chess. You should definately try it. I hope to see a future version! 9/10!!!!

Hope you like my review :)

CrazyDesi posted on Aug 22 2004 at 05:18 PM said:
Great game. The new mario pieces are even better then the usual chess pieces.
I concur

Last edited by a moderator:
But with a review out maybe the author will think of something he wants to change in the game or take advantage of a suggestion by the reviewer.

hey cool!! after long search i've found a picture of the game. ;)
here it is: :blink:

mystic.jpg

Deleted User posted on Aug 23 2004 at 03:05 PM said:
long? its on the front page...
:lol:

Well, I just wanted to review the game to show ghow I rate the game. And, i know what you guys mean about waiting for the final release, but, how much more can you change in a chess game? :lol:
The only thing I can see changing is the graphics, and some sound added.

Well, I didn't get to try out the new version of mythic chess, but the transparacy problems have been fixed I hear.

And mods, can you change my topic instead of Mythinc Chess 0.4 to just Mythic Chess? It would be easier for me to update my review.

Thanks

Deleted User posted on Aug 23 2004 at 07:05 PM said:
long? its on the front page...

LOL.

"Classic chess. What more can you want? The basic strategy game. There is no bad things about chess, and in order to review it you have to either like chess or hate chess. And I like chess! 10/10"

I didn't play the game but you can't judge the gameplay like that. Just because its chess doesn't mean the game itself should get a perfect score. Does it have easy handling, does it give something extra and so on. "There is no bad things about chess, and in order to review it you have to either like chess or hate chess." ........ review the game itself, not chess.

Back