GP32 Mythic Chess

Dalto

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
Hello all,

I am getting ready to send Mythic Chess to beta but I have a problem. It looks like ASS.

If you don't believe me, please take a look at this screenshot.

I need some help creating graphics for piece sets and backgrounds.

The pieces need to be 28x28 pixels each.

The backgrounds consist of a 240x240 board on the left and a border and title on the right. The border can be up to 10 pixels wide on the right and the left, up to 40 pixels at the top and 20 pixels at the bottom.

If you are interested in helping this project along please let me know.

Thanks!

hmmm. I have some decent photoshopping skills and might take the challenge, but I really don't think what you have looks that bad. PM me if you really want some help. I might be able to.

aw, what the heck. I'll do my best at getting some pictures taken and edited of some chess pieces I have already, unless someone beats me to it. do you have any specific filetypes you want?

spongebue posted on Aug 19 2004 at 04:24 AM said:
aw, what the heck. I'll do my best at getting some pictures taken and edited of some chess pieces I have already, unless someone beats me to it. Do you have any specific filetypes you want?
bmp or gif would be easiest but it doesn't really matter as long as it's not something totally obscure.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't look bad to me. I just think you should add a border around the board and you've got yourself a game :). I have bad tase though lol.

OK, i just gave it a go (I was bored)

but my 128 MB RAM didnt cut it and my computer crashed

if spongbue cant get it done for any reason i can give it another go

The pieces aren't ugly but the board IS, really.... These blue and white squares really sucks. You should use some wooden textures.
About the game, IMHO the main point in a chess video game is that pieces should be simply easy to recognize.

Well, I'm just about to start taking pictures of the pieces I have. (I can't draw from scratch very well, but I can photoshop :) ) It might take a little while to get it all done, because I think the cord for the camera is in my parent's room, and my dad is sleeping (he works at night)

Edit: Ooooh... I just found a CompactFlash Reader. Away I go :D

sure... show that right after I finish :lol:

Anyways, I'm about to send the email with the pieces. looks pretty good, IMO, but the color of the square may need to be changed to add contrast.

Iorgy77 posted on Aug 20 2004 at 06:21 PM said:
so did anyone have a go at doing a chessboard and background?

@spongebue what color are the pieces you are using?
Spongebue sent me a set of pieces. Beige and brownish. They have been added.

I still need backgrounds and additional piece sets if anyone is interested though.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is still interested in making chess sets there is a new format that you can use. Please note that this is in addition to the other format which can still be used as well.

The new format uses a smaller board and narrower pieces. However, the pieces are taller which adds perspective.

The pieces are 24x46. Also, whatever color is in the upper left corner is used for tranparencies.

The board squares are 26x26.

The board is offset from the left and bottom by 8 pixels.

Here is a most excellent sample by MattMagoo.

00000006.jpg

Back