N-gage And E3

KickinWing

Arguable Idiot
Website
Visit site
http://www.n-gage.com/en-US/news_events/fe...es/bestofe3.htm

best in show? the n-gage? is there a difference between portable and mobile games?

I was rummaging the net to see if the n-gage was dead yet and i found this on the official site and thought it was interesting. Also say that the N-gage will have support for new games into 2007. I haven't heard anything about the N-gage in a long time and thought it had gone away, but i thought this was interesting enough to share.

Thousands of attendees, hundreds of hot new titles, and one clear-cut leader in the field of mobile gaming… that's what was on hand this year at annual game industry trade event the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3).

...and that was just the psp :D

I too was pretty dissapointed with the PSP's showing at E3. There were only a handful of new games shown/playable... maybe ten or fifteen-ish? And a few of those were not interesting to me whatsoever (Madden *yawn*, Neopets). It's really surprising to me, after having such a strong launch with over 20 games, how the whole rest of the year will apparently see so few releases. I used to think the DS was doomed once the PSP released (please don't start a war about this comment....) but now after E3 I'm starting to think the DS actually has a strong chance of 'winning' or at least holding it's own, despite what I and many others initially thought. The DS had SO many more games and so many more games that actually looked GOOD.

As far as the N-gage, I'm sorry I can't give TOO detailed of an answer... that system was dead to me when it first released, so I have never really payed it much attention at E3's or in general. I did pass thru the area just trying to note how it was doing, generally, and I will say, they did have quite a few titles on display, and a relatively large area of the show floor... so I would think this is a good sign that the system isn't going to be 'dead' any time soon. However, Sega had a HUGE area with tons of games at the last E3 they did where they were showing the Dreamcast before the pulled the plug on that... within a year it was dead. *shrug*

A couple of the games did grab my eye for a moment, like the Rifts game that has been getting so much hype. Also the Xmen game looked pretty good.

And I think 'mobile' and 'handheld' games are two different categories, in this case. Mobile meaning cell phone based gaming.

omg, Neopets, are you fricken serious...??!?! AAAAARGH!!! Damn you, Sony, why couldn't you have made something like this during the PS1's heyday!?!? You stupid fools... And no, Madden isn't any better... Sony better either start pulling some fantastic shit out of their asses NOW, or else make the damn thing open source, or they're gonna be screwed, extra power and features or not. So far the only game that I'd ever think of trying for the PSP is Twisted Metal: Head on, I think it's called... I forget, twisted metal something or other...

By the way, is it just me, or do games seem to be getting worse as time goes by? They get better visual and audio quality, but the gameplay and story suffer... And why is it that every time a new system comes out lately, it always has like 80 sports and racing games in the beginning? Doesn't anybody get tired of that? I've totally given up on racing games, and the only sports game I ever play anymore is Tecmo Super Bowl... hmm, that's a good idea, I think I'll go finish killing the vikings in the game I started yesterday... wee!

Nokia are changing their focus with the n-gage due to their failure. It is no longer a games console that is also a phone but it is now 'the phone for gamers'.
If the N-Gage was actually a decent console I could feel sorry for it but...The jerkiness just kills me.

magus - don't get me wrong there WAS some stuff at E3 for the PSP that looked and played pretty good. Though it's just a port I'm pretty hyped about Medievil as I never played the PSX one, and I have heard the PSP version will both medievil 1 and 2 in one game. It looked and played great. Socom was looking very good as well, I was actually very surprised to see this on the PSP as I hadn't heard anything about it being done before that day. Death Jr. looked and played well but seemed kinda generic. It reminded me a bit of Conkers bad fur day... that is to say, it was Mario-style platformer but with lots of gunplay and explosions thrown in. It was fun and I'll probably get it. The best games I tried for the PSP were Burnout which looked amazing and played great, and of course, Coded Arms.

Back