N-gage

klikklak

Oh neat, it's a ... field.
Website
Visit site
Has anyone tried the new n-gage? I think the platform has possibly some potential, due to the fact that it's not limited to a single handset/console, but is a platform running on multiple handsets and aalso because of the online component, which promises something interesting is potentially possible. I just bought a 5320XM, which'll probably be the make-or-break handset for n-gage, as it's a youth oriented cheap s60 handset.

They started to opensource the code for symbian. It's not going to be gpl though, (eclipse) and I think it was limited to paying members of the foundation. Well, it's a start if nothing else.

I havent tried it yet, mainly due to the crazy cost of non smartphones that support it.
just wish they had a proper dpad-abxy attachment.

I have not tried it yet due to the fact that my hand set does not support it and as waffles said they are expensive.

I'm still enjoying my Ngage QD that I got recently (Cheers Satanic Virus!) It had some great games and apps, but if they updated it to todays standards (Widescreen, Real Player, a proper MP3 Player, Camera, Wifi) I'd buy one in a heartbeat. The controls are great, considering it's a phone.

Well, I'm getting it since I need a hsdpa modem and while the price is high, it's not unbearable (220€). I'll give a report on the 5320 when it arrives. I think the controls won't be as crap as using only a touchscreen (iphone), but will still be quite funky.

Nova said:
I'm still enjoying my Ngage QD that I got recently ... The controls are great, considering it's a phone.
I've got one too and obviously use it as my mobile phone.

The controls are great - no wonder DaveC picked it as the basis for the DaveC D-Pad mod!
The games were pretty good - leagues ahead of the normal mobile phone games - and you could actually play them properly because of the good controls!
I still think the N-gage has the best handheld version of Civilization. So much better than the awful NDS version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back