N64 Emulation

pkostrze said:
I predict that shortly you're going to need an asbestos jumpsuit... brace yourself. Also, try doing a search before asking about whether or not emulators are possible. BTW, short answer, N64 = never.
thanks lol

i did do some searching before...but that was on other forums.
ive spent the past week looking for some way to emulate the n64...but it seems not.

still we must persevere.

your sompletely sure its impossible?

reply on the other post link to post please as this one is a little bit obsolete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gp2x will never get n64 emulator it's to powerful for the gp2x to be handled, i just tried it on a pc it's runs at good speed but it still has slowdown in the framerates overall it's the best n64 emulator i've seen so far.

We will see full speed version on the pandora hopefully, it might be really amazing pandora has lot of potential when it comes to emulators i hope the system comes out quickly i really want it badly. :)

Possible? yes!
Playable? No.
Likely? Hell no!

You are only going to see an N64 emulator on the 2X if a dev happens to get really really bored. It's a fruitless endevour and even if someone did code an emulator for the N64 of the 2X, it would run so so slow it would be painful to your eyes...

Never say never...

Does anyone remember the Corn N64 emulator?
It ran really really fast.

Gp2x is different and has dual ARM processors but N64 is still a (however slightly probable) possibility.

It's still possible...

And, depending on the size of the mouse and the elephant :) , and how much help the mouse gets :) , a mouse can carry an elephant. :lol:

qwerty15 said:
Never say never...
You will never get Direct X 10, PS3, XBOX 360, PS2, XBOX, Dreamcast, Gamecube, N64 emulator running at a playable framerate on GP2X. Never.

Of course you can say "never". Some things are just not possible. And no, qwerty15, playable N64 emulator is not a possibility at all. Corn required 3D hardware.

For those who are new on this board, the N64 subject has been treated many times (about one thread every month), always with the same answer from the people who know what they are talking about: No, never.

Yes ; we all know it won't be playable ; but I still thought someone will eventually port one ; even it will play 1 frames at 30 second or something like that.Full speed Psx or Jaguar emulation don't also seem to be much possible huh ?

So it means it would suck so bad that anyone even trying to port an emu would be just troublesome

Alghazanth said:
Yes ; we all know it won't be playable ; but I still thought someone will eventually port one ; even it will play 1 frames at 30 second or something like that.Full speed Psx or Jaguar emulation don't also seem to be much possible huh ?

So it means it would suck so bad that anyone even trying to port an emu would be just troublesome
I would prefer it if no one did such a thing. These kinds of ports often give the wrong impression, with tons of responses along the lines of "Everyone said it was impossible but you were proven wrong! Now it just needs to be optimized a little and it'll be full speed."

Of course it's mainly other less mature communities that react like this. I expect much more intelligence here, from most of the crowd at least. It'll probably still get this kind of reaction from a few people though..

qwerty15 said:
Never say never...

Does anyone remember the Corn N64 emulator?
It ran really really fast.

Gp2x is different and has dual ARM processors but N64 is still a (however slightly probable) possibility.
You would be trying to emulate a 90 MHz MIPs on a 240 MHz ARM. That is only roughly 2X the clock speed (take out a little for OS overhead etc). Even if you could run the ARM 1:1 to the MIPs CPU instructions that would only leave about 140 MHz to do floating point math in *software* plus do 3D transformations, polygon texture fill, z-buffer etc. That isn't even including any sound. See how fast you burn through CPU cycles and run out of time? The second core is no use here as you would have bus contention problems.

So I AM saying never ;)

Why do guys on this forum start such rubbish topics like this one,oh please get a life.

If n64 emulator did come to gp2x enough people will want it try then eventually in the end it would of called a poor port.

Don't have any hopes on this on gp2x, maybe it will be full speed on pandora i can't wait to see the release of pandora in the uk.

sukhigp said:
Why do guys on this forum start such rubbish topics like this one,oh please get a life.
Kettle, I'd like you to meet my friend Mr Pot, I believe he has something to tell you :lol:

Exophase said:
sukhigp said:
Kettle, I'd like you to meet my friend Mr Pot, I believe he has something to tell you :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, anyone got any advice on cleaning coffee out of keyboards?

Back