N64, PS1, Dreamcast Emulation

Muggie

Still Fresh
Can somebody please tell me the status of the N64, PS1, and Dreamcast emulation for the Pandora?

Thank you. It is really appreciated.

N64: Decent, some games run full speed with overclocking, but not enough to make the deal. More of a bonus right now.

PS1: Very, very good. R9 was released a few weeks ago, greatly improving many things.

DC: On hiatus. Nothing's been released, and it's been a while since we've heard from the author.

N64 : Good

PS1: Really Good

Dreamcast: Meh

Edit: Got Protoman :ph34r: 'd

Last edited by a moderator:
I do remember someone on the forum saying he would work on dreamcast emulation as soon as he got his pandora. Still it may be a pipe dream. As said above the ps1 emulator is excellent and at the moment the n64 emulator has improved but is not good enough yet.

To expand a little bit:

N64 Emulation: I've been testing the entire N64 library (I'm up to M) And I'd say emulation is at about 54%. By that, I mean, 54% of games will get into gameplay. There's still speed, and the possibility that it could crash later in the game, but 54% is pretty decent if you ask me. As for games you actually care about... Well, you'll have to fill us in so we can let you know their status. :) (or, you could also check out the compatibility list, but it's not exactly up-to-date.)

PS1 Emulation: The masterful Notaz has been working on PSXreARMed for some time now, and it's an amazing piece of software. There are a few games that don't work in it, but a vast majority do, and I'd say it's safe to assume that the games you want to run will work.

DC Emulation: I posted about this in a thread a few months back, but essentially, someone did a quick compile of a DC emu on the Pandora and showed off Shenmue on it. Since than, not much has been said or shown of it. EvilDragon has admitted that a PND still exists, but we'll have to wait for the developer to come out and talk about it. That, or someone else takes up the project. There's a lot of interest in DC emulation, so I'm sure that something will come about eventually.

PS1 Emulation: The masterful Notaz has been working on PSXreARMed for some time now, and it's an amazing piece of software. There are a few games that don't work in it, but a vast majority do, and I'd say it's safe to assume that the games you want to run will work.
He even got The Misadventures of Tron Bonne - a game notorious for not co-operating with emulators - to work. That's all that I even need to say about PCSX-ReARMed. :p

...EvilDragon has admitted that a PND still exists, but we'll have to wait for the developer to come out and talk about it...

I would love to see new info from ED about it, and why it wasnt released even in PND as BETA/ALPHA stage? It will not hurt anyone.. :)

I would love to see new info from ED about it, and why it wasnt released even in PND as BETA/ALPHA stage? It will not hurt anyone.. :)
For what I know (I could be wrong) the last PND was for before zaxxon (current pandora OS) and dont work on current OS.

The n64 emulator is awesome,what's wrong with it the emulator is playing nearly all the games at good speed.

Atleast it's playing legendary games like mario64,zelda64,waverace64,which is a good.

Ok some games don't work at the moment but in the future they probably will.

These games are slow or don't work at all:

Quake 64,Quake 2

Duke nukem 64

zelda majora mask (plays well then enter the 2nd tunnel freezes the game)

aero gauge (graphics problems)

killer instinct gold (very slow not playable)

Body harvest (doesn't work)

Doom 64 (goes back to main menu)

Donkey kong 64 (goes back to main menu)

There are many others which have problems like won't start and graphic issues,one thing about n64 emu is that it's very hard to emulate bear that in mind.

Some game run better on mupen64plus on pandora better than project 64 on pc emulator.

Back