N64

I suggest to make a N64 Emu for GP2X just to satisfy all requesters. :lol: Of course it will be a 1-FPS-no-Filtering-Emu but hey, we can say we have a N64 Emu for Gp2X XD

that would be awful on the gp2x... the only n64 games i would want on my gp2x due to all the buttons would be racing games.

Retroid said:
...There was another emu, was it called Corn? That didn't get far but it did an amazing job of getting Mario almost playable without GPU help.
corn was pretty nice, but was abadoned after an intern version was leaked. it would have had great potential...

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
I suggest to make a N64 Emu for GP2X just to satisfy all requesters. :lol: Of course it will be a 1-FPS-no-Filtering-Emu but hey, we can say we have a N64 Emu for Gp2X XD
I remember once reading that a mega CD emulator wasnt possible on the gp2x.....nuff said...

foleyjo said:
fusion_power said:
I remember once reading that a mega CD emulator wasnt possible on the gp2x.....nuff said...

Every time this subject comes up, there's always people who post this kind of crap and assume it somehow nullifies the "we need more power, cap'n!" arguments. Really, if you can't see why the requirements are so much higher for an N64 emu than a Mega CD emu just by looking at the specs, you're not qualified to comment. Otherwise, you'd see why everyone who's written so much as a "Hello World" app is saying that it's improbable at best. If you think otherwise, then put up or shut up. If we get an N64 emulator that can do more than play Super Mario 64 at FS4 with no sound and tons of graphical glitches, you'll have made just about everyone in this community eat their words. It's not impossible, but it is so close to it that unless you're going to actually write one, you probably shouldn't argue otherwise.

Ravnos said:
foleyjo said:
fusion_power said:

Every time this subject comes up, there's always people who post this kind of crap and assume it somehow nullifies the "we need more power, cap'n!" arguments. Really, if you can't see why the requirements are so much higher for an N64 emu than a Mega CD emu just by looking at the specs, you're not qualified to comment. Otherwise, you'd see why everyone who's written so much as a "Hello World" app is saying that it's improbable at best. If you think otherwise, then put up or shut up. If we get an N64 emulator that can do more than play Super Mario 64 at FS4 with no sound and tons of graphical glitches, you'll have made just about everyone in this community eat their words. It's not impossible, but it is so close to it that unless you're going to actually write one, you probably shouldn't argue otherwise.

Jeez man calm down. Dont get so angry. Go take some pills or something and stop taking things so seriously.
My point isnt that because we have mega cd we can clearly have N64. My point is dont underestimate what the Devs can do. Some of them appear to thrive off people saying things cant be done. Thats why theyare still spending time on the GBA and PSX emulators. They are still discovering new techniques with the GP2X which is why the emulators just keep getting better and better.
Also improbable is not the same as impossible so :p

foleyjo said:
[Jeez man calm down. Dont get so angry. Go take some pills or something and stop taking things so seriously.
My point isnt that because we have mega cd we can clearly have N64. My point is dont underestimate what the Devs can do. Some of them appear to thrive off people saying things cant be done. Thats why theyare still spending time on the GBA and PSX emulators. They are still discovering new techniques with the GP2X which is why the emulators just keep getting better and better.
Also improbable is not the same as impossible so :p
And my point is that when pretty much every dev, plus anyone who knows even the slightest thing about programming, hardware, or just about anything says it's not happening, it's safe to assume it's not happening. If you want to question conventional wisdom, then start coding. Saying "anything can happen if you just believe" doesn't help anything. Believing doesn't let me play Goldeneye on my GP2X.

This applies to anyone who is saying that N64 is possible on the GP2X. Put up or shut up, we've had this discussion a million times before and it's never produced playable N64 emulation, so if you think it's going to happen then it's time to put your money where your mouth is.

Sorry if this is coming off as rude, but I get tired of seeing people who don't know what they're talking about come in and basically tell people who do that they're wrong without giving a compelling reason why.

please dont put words in my mouth. I never said N64 is possible and i didnt say anyone who says it isnt possible is wrong.
it is just the way you interperrated what I said.
Im not going to be drawn into argument about my knowledge of hardware and programming and the GP2X and Im not going to be dragged into anargument of the reasons an N64 emulator can or cant be made.
What i am going to say is nothing is impossible on a console/handheld/computer until all its power has been completley exauhsted.
No1 can say they have used the GP2X to its full potential otherwise we wouldnt be getting reports that a dev has suddenly managed to increase the speed of certain emulators

I remember when people said a Doom clone was not possible on an Amigs. Maybe thats the difference with us. I saw the 8 bits prove people wroing. then the 16 bits and then the 32 bits. In this day an age a new console comes out before the fll power of the previous generation is usedup.
The dreamcast had a long way to go before it was scrapped. The X-Box was scrapped early and already people are complaining about the fact that ps3 isnt anything special even though its still a baby

Nothing I know of is stopping anyone from making a full fledged N64 emulator for the C64. Might take a day to render a frame or two though. Hopefully the ROM fits nicely on the tape deck adapter. :)

zodttd said:
Nothing I know of is stopping anyone from making a full fledged N64 emulator for the C64.
Damn! Would love to see it running in Vice2X :p

b._.o._.b said:
zodttd said:
Nothing I know of is stopping anyone from making a full fledged N64 emulator for the C64.
Damn! Would love to see it running in Vice2X :p

Nah it would keep pausing every few seconds. It needs to be in Frodo.

Now if only Giana Sisters was for the N64, things would be complete. :)

Well, They did make Street Fighter II for the spectrum, Ok, It did take 25 minutes to load up a background and two characters, And you had to keep rewinding the tape and/or turning it over everytime you either won or lost a fight, But it was still Street Fighter II on the speccy. :D

Oh, And it came on two 60 minute tapes if i remember correctly. :blink:

Trooper

street fighter for sinclair spectrum. .. 25 minutes ?
exaggerated loading time

that 2 side version is a:
side A road blasters - US. Gold
side B street fighter - Capcom GO! / Tiertex

euro48k said:
street fighter for sinclair spectrum. .. 25 minutes ?
exaggerated loading time

that 2 side version is a:
side A road blasters - US. Gold
side B street fighter - Capcom GO! / Tiertex
Read this review, There is no mention of loading times, But you can grasp from the review they are not pleasent. I did own the game, So thoughs times are MY quoted times.

Speccy SF2 review

I do stand corrected, It did only come on one 60 minutes tape :rolleyes: , But have you ever had to wind and re-wind a 60 minute tape both sides (One side for the characters, The other side for the backgrounds) just to play a game. :blink:

Trooper

Who cares about loading times on that, the game is a true accomplishment. I never cease to be amazed by the great things people managed to pull off these old beasts. Truly the golden times :)

Back