Need A Guide To Stripping The Gp2x Apart

stepp

Any guides on how to take the 2x apart? Under my screen protector i have a few very very small bits of dust and crap.

I need to get rid of this as im sellling mine on ebay asap.

If anyone knows of any guides could they post the link here...cheers.

The fact that you need to ask how to take apart a GP2X held together by only 4 screws is testament to your ability to use one. Which is to say, none.

It's incredibly simple to do what you describe ... but you've acted like a total douche in the past so I don't think I'm going to bother typing it up. Good job :)

Ranma13 posted on Jul 13 2006 at 05:09 PM said:
The fact that you need to ask how to take apart a GP2X held together by only 4 screws is testament to your ability to use one. Which is to say, none.

:lol: Ouch ouch! The burrrn!!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, to strip down the gp2x, you'll need 2 tools, a hammer and a chisel. simply turn the gp2x upside down and place the chisel at the left hand side, hit the chisel with the hammer until it's severed the two screws at the left hand side. repeat for the right hand side.

While you have the gp2x open, you may want to remove some of the "coverings" on the chips, this will make you able to overclock to 300+MHz. to do this, put the edge of your chisel just above the silver pins on the chip, then hit it sideways with your hammer, until the black covering is removed. repeat for all the chips you can see.

sorted!

Who cares what this guy likes. He don't like it fine dump it, it is not like the scene will implode if some guy sells his GP2X. I is not like he is some ub3r l337 coder or something.

Losing any member is sad though. So what if he doesn't do anything productive for the community.. He is now going to spread bad rumors about his experience with the 2x.

tshroom posted on Jul 14 2006 at 07:08 AM said:
Losing any member is sad though. So what if he doesn't do anything productive for the community.. He is now going to spread bad rumors about his experience with the 2x.
No. He won't live that long.
If you try to leave the Brotherhood of the GP2X (BoG), they come and kill you to keep you quiet.

That's why the people who have sold their '2Xs don't post here anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back