Need Gngeo Help

DixieDawg

Still Fresh
I have installed the gngeo pnd on my desktop and put my bios files in place. Confirmed sfix.sfx is spelled correctly. I see the list of my available roms highlighted in the frontend. However, whenever I select a rom and press OK - nothing happens. Tried various copies of roms with no luck. Any ideas? Thanks

I do not think that sfix.sfx is the only bios-file you need. I managed to set the gngeo yesterday. I put my bios-files in "...../appdata/gngeo/bios/" but that shouldn't matter much since you can choose the folder. However that bios-folder contains 16 files. I'm not sure if all of them are needed, but at least more than the one you mentioned i guess. After that i tried MetalSlug1 (mslug.zip) and it worked fine.

Sorry I didn't make that more clear. I have the rest of the bios files unzipped in appdata/gngeo/bios as well. I had just noticed in another thread that sfix.sfx was spelled wrong and renaming fixed it for them. I did have to rename it but still having trouble. Maybe I have wrong rom sets. Is it same as used in Mame, NeorageX or some other set?

DixieDawg said:
Sorry I didn't make that more clear. I have the rest of the bios files unzipped in appdata/gngeo/bios as well. I had just noticed in another thread that sfix.sfx was spelled wrong and renaming fixed it for them. I did have to rename it but still having trouble. Maybe I have wrong rom sets. Is it same as used in Mame, NeorageX or some other set?
It is the same set.
Just to try, get yourself mame and see if you can load your roms there. It should work (at least with the mame 108). I can play Metal Slug 2 on both Mame and Gngeo.
My only problem is that I don't have any sound, though I'll try to debug that on my side.
And Metal Slug 3 crashes, it loads, the cabinet makes some tests and crashes. On mame it works flawlessly, but it need A LOT of horsepower to work smoothly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back