GnGeo help

xXJippedXx

Still Fresh
I have roms and the bios in the appdata rom folder but I always get:

"> No Games Found..."

Is there something that im missing? My roms work (I can run them on MAME .106) GnGeo just refuses to even acknowledge that they exist! is there a secret audit menu hidden somewhere or something?

"> No Games Found..."

Is there something that im missing? My roms work (I can run them on MAME .106) GnGeo just refuses to even acknowledge that they exist! is there a secret audit menu hidden somewhere or something?

I might be incorrect, but GnGeo I thought was the emulator for the home console Neo Geo system, not the arcade Neo Geo cabinets. The arcade Neo Geo roms are zipped, whereas the home console roms are a single file whose extensions escapes me at the moment. Again, could be way off base with that statement, but it would explain why your zipped roms that work on Mame do not work here.

I am sorry this is difficult to use. You could try using MAME which runs neogeo games with great ease.

However, a solutions for issues such as these is coming, I'm working hard on solving these initial problems some users have.

"> No Games Found..."

GnGeo 0.8.3 works fine. Check this post (Spoiler) for ROM and BIOS locations. There is still a number of non-working games and some games may need a different ROM (not MAME 0.106). Here's a useful NeoGeo starter FAQ.

I might be incorrect, but GnGeo I thought was the emulator for the home console Neo Geo system, not the arcade Neo Geo cabinets. The arcade Neo Geo roms are zipped, whereas the home console roms are a single file whose extensions escapes me at the moment. Again, could be way off base with that statement, but it would explain why your zipped roms that work on Mame do not work here.
There is only one ROM for the MVS (arcade) and AES (home) system. You can switch the system in the GnGeo option menu. Some games are only available for the MVS, here's the NeoGeo master list.

Wich MAME?
MAME4ALL is faster.

NeoGeo forever B)

Last edited by a moderator:

"> No Games Found..."

i had such issues. i might be tempted to try to obtain or rebuild your neogeo romset so it is suitable for the latest version of MAME on the pc.

I am using a .139 mame set from which i built my neogeo romset via clrmamepro.

You might want to ask pepone over at the official discussion thread for this emulator.

Although it sounds like you may need a more recent ROM set, such as for 0.142.

Craig, how are you planning to fix this particular problem? Will the Pandora check on startup whether your roms are outdated?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back