Neo geo (gngeo)

Seraphiris

Still Fresh
A problem I occurred several month ago on a friends Pandora is that gngeo doesn't boot  a selected neo geo rom.
The same if you want to boot a neo geo rom on an mame emulator.

The solution for this problem is simple you must download the bios data from the neogeo

*edit*  Hailrazer   ---   No link to bios files please

This file you must copy it into the gngeo rom folder or the mame rome folder.

For gngeo DON'T UNZIP IT this counts for the bios and the roms.

I hope it helps you

Greetz Sera

P.S. Comment if it helped you or if this is a useless post

Last edited by a moderator:
How can a bios be illegal?

Roms are illegal if you don't own the original game
So is a bios illegal if I don't have the original one?

I am not so deep in this rom stuff and legal illegal stuff

So explain it to me

A bios, unless it's opensourced and free, has to be considered the same way as a rom.

Copyrighted stuff hence illegal to share.

Edit:

Please remove your link / Topic :)

Ok I removed it.

Thanks for helping me but the text with the tutorial I can let it here or must I delete the whole topic?

Exactly.  Bios files should not be linked to.  I edited the post.  

The tutorial is fine however.

So explain it to me
In principle data (or content in general) created by a someone is illegal to distribute free as long as it is not stated otherwise - the function that the created content has is irrelevant.

Topic can be kept as a warning to others (and as a tutorial although I think everything is explained in the readme.txt or whatever comes with GnGeo).

Please keep in mind that even if you have bought the console and the games, it's not enough to "have the right" to emulate them!

You have to dump yourself the bios, games, make sure the emulator isn't using copyrighted stuff (I don't remember if UltraHLE was clean for instance)... and it has to be legal in your country.

Topic can be kept as a warning to others (and as a tutorial although I think everything is explained in the readme.txt or whatever comes with GnGeo).

Please keep in mind that even if you have bought the console and the games, it's not enough to "have the right" to emulate them!

You have to dump yourself the bios, games, make sure the emulator isn't using copyrighted stuff (I don't remember if UltraHLE was clean for instance)... and it has to be legal in your country.
There is no documentation with gngeo

In my country it is legal

Legal where I live now but not in many places.

Also you need the correct 'rom sest' for the emulator to run correctly even with the right bios.

Last edited:
Back