Need Help With Ur-quan Masters

Ripster

Website
Visit site
I am having some problems with this game. When I load up the game the cursor does not work and I cannot exit out with the start button.

I have to power down to get out. Then when I try and reload, it doesn't... any ideas..?

Hmm got it...

Have you found a way to quit the VS mode without turning the GP2X off? That's what I had trouble with from memory.

My problem was a simple one... I like to rename my folders and place them in different locations. I noticed that UQM creates a folder called \games\uqm whether I like it or not. It also places other files in there and expects to find everything else in that folder. So basically all I did was let it do its thing... and left everything in \games\uqm and everything seems fine.

I played for about 30 minutes... without incident... and then while I was landing on a moon orbiting Jupiter it locked on me. I am sure it is just a glitch... I will try and find some time to continue playing later.

This is the type of game I loved playing when I was young... just wish it didn't have the fast twitch part of the combat in it. Would be more fun for me to choose co-ordinates to move my ship and to fire my weapons, yep something turn based.

ie. two units of thrust... 30 degrees.
photons 44 degrees

i play it a lot and there are some random crash&exits, at least on my end. they usually happen when you're about to visit a planet, but it's never the same planet twice.

if you didn't know: the R button can be used to go forward, lets you be a little more accurate with turning. also i've found it's easiest just to do all your battles with the precursor starship rather then try to send the little guys out and have them get blasted. and quasispace rules...

Do you guys prefer the 3DO or PC musical score? I have heard both are good, but I haven't tried 3DO one yet.

Back