Need Help :(

em0ti0nl3ss

Still Fresh
I don't know if this is the right place to post this because i couldn't find a GP2X help forum but..I got my GP2X today and my 1st computer didn't recognize it, tried the other one it recognized it and the hardware was "installed" or w/e. Well now i'm lost because I do not know how to get the files from the disk onto my GP2X. (Also if you could tell me why this computer won't recognize it, it would be great :-D) If someone could tell me on AIM how to do this possibly so i could go through it with you it would be great AIM = loiioiioi

Under settings is the option to turn on the USB port, without pressing that no computer will notice it. My system still won't see the NAND memory. I didn't get to try it before I installed the 1.01 firmware upgrade, but I know once that's in and I pressed the USB button in settings, the SD card showed up as a drive on my system. Hopefully I'll be able to use the NAND memory as well at some point.

Hope this helped you.

uhhh i know about the USB thing but even though i turn that on, it doesn't change anything. It doesn't recognize anything, I have a SD card for my camera that i can put in my printer and my computer reads it but i don't know what to put on it /what folders to make

uhhh i know about the USB thing but even though i turn that on, it doesn't change anything. It doesn't recognize anything, I have a SD card for my camera that i can put in my printer and my computer reads it but i don't know what to put on it /what folders to make
Well, there aren't any necessary folder structures for the system itself.... however, many emulators and games require that you keep a certain folder structure, so be sure to read the files included with them. If there aren't any, then search the forums, something is bound to come up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres a folder tree of one of my SD cards for the GP2x.
Maybe you can use that as a guide.

FileList.jpg

Trooper

Back