Need Repairs or Upgrade? Here's What to do (and not to do)!

Nice article! Sent my unit in a few weeks ago (hopefully will hear something soon),  I might have made mistake no. 9 (lots of bubble wrap and tape ahem)..

Anyone who saw the last episode of Dispatches on Channel 4 UK might question the request for not too much packaging, to be honest. At the very least, avoid shipping your Pandora using UKMail.

So the currently preferred procedure is to fill out the RMA sheet and just send it in? (No prior e-mail or whatever required/needed/wanted)? (I am confused because usually you need to contact the seller first, see Amazon for example)

This article lacks a simple answer to that question. The respective paragraph seems to end prematurely at "It’s a PDF with reserved space to write into.", without information on what to do next or WHERE to send the Pandora. You can find that information easily, but imo if you have such an article it's better to have ALL information in it and in one place.

Additionally you can feel the writer's frustration dripping out of the article. Maybe it's some tongue-in-cheek style I don't get (you know sarcasm in text form and that stuff), but I feel like it's written overly hostile and not very pleasant to read.

Still it contains a lot of useful information, so thanks for that. It's good to have some kind of guide on this matter, repairs only take as long as they have to and ED or Askarus don't have to hunt down missing information (unlike us - so please add the stuff I mentioned above ;) ).

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so I'm in the USA. Does that mean I send mine to Link? That's who I bought it from and the left nub is breaking and so's the LCD cable. Also the paint is chipping like crazy.

The headline should be upgrade or fixing - service. I expected to find diy help.

"Your Pandora is intended to break. Let me be clear: all modern devices are designed to last only as long as the warranty."  This isnt true.

The chamfering on the display cable for example isnt its intended use, nor is it the upgraded part.

Most of the parts dont break.

Telling people how to handle their units or how you want the bugreports, rather than calling mistakes moronic, would be preferable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope someone knows, because Link hasn't responded to my email yet, and I think the warranty is going to run out soon.

I noticed that the housing around my analogue nubs has begun to crack, i dont mean the Pandora case itself, just the black area beneath the nubs. Is there anything that can be done about this?

My left nub is cracked similarly, but it hasn't affected its operation so far as far as I've noticed. I've seen photos where a while chunk has flaked off, but I'm not sure if even that caused any real problems.

Back