Upgrading craig classic order from May 2010 to 1GHZ at Dragonboxshop possible?

Pink-Pummy

Still Fresh
Hey everybody,

longtime lurker and pandora lover (probably moreso if I finally had one  :D ) here.

[long introduction inc, if TL;DR skip to the underscores further below! :) ] I was among the few who managed to get in on Craig's very late first batchers thanks to some dropouts (since ED's shop was already full, so despite being in germany I then ordered through craig). I did order in the beginning of May 2010 aaaand it's pretty much been in that state ever since. Jacquelyn told me back then, that my approximate queue position is 3750 - 3850. (As a side note, I also backed Craig on Kickstarter with the ICP2 since I think this has also shaped into a beautifully useful device!)

I keep checking news and boards every now and then so I'm sorry if anyone would be offended by me not really contributing more directly here, but let it be known - among my social circle I've always been (and still am) praising the pandora as the perfect electronic mobile must-have (nerd ;D ) device. So expect no hate or anything from me, no worries!

As a matter of fact though, the project has left people like me pretty much in the dark with info regarding my order. All that directly reached me via mail was a mail (around halloween this year) about the current state and the possibilty of upgrading to 1ghz to speed things up.

So I've been thinking for a while and I think my best bet of action is to go for this upgrade. So I'm wondering if there's any way for me to do this and where to go to do this!

____

Main question: Can I upgrade my classic craig preorder at ED's shop? (Dragonbox) Or is there too much legal mumbojumbo preventing me from doing this and what are my real alternatives to not cause any more trouble for the OP-Team and still receive a beautiful 1ghz-adora.

And what info is it that I would have to provide you guys with? I do still have the original confirmation mails from google checkout and the things jacquelin and I sent back and forth at the time. (Around 325GBP ~ I had ordered a few extras like tv cables, case etc.)

On top of a mere simple upgrade I've even been eyeing this specific offer on dragonbox.de :

Pandora 1GHz - 64GB Collectors Box

So if my upgrade is possible, then what difference would I have to throw at you to receive this beautiful package that would instantly make all this wait thrice as worth :)

So that's about it. I hope somebody can push me into the right direction with this idea. And apologies for any possible bad engrish ;-)

Thanks for reading! And stay strong OPT :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, all upgrades go through ED's shop at this point. Link's shop doesn't handle upgrades and Craig just forwards the details to ED after you order the upgrade from ED. I do wish that ED and Link could work something out about that, but I suspect that it might be more work than it's worth.

I upgraded my order at the beginning of December and the unit was at my parent's house without 2 weeks. I think it shipped within 24 hours. Still haven't touched it, because it seems like waiting 2 Months TM from when it shipped was appropriate. Also, the mail here in China is notoriously unreliable.

the project has left people like me pretty much in the dark with info regarding my order. All that directly reached me via mail was a mail (around halloween this year) about the current state and the possibilty of upgrading to 1ghz to speed things up.

So I've been thinking for a while and I think my best bet of action is to go for this upgrade.
Indeed Craig has been negligent by not sending emails to his preorderers, informing them of the situation.

You made the right choice to upgrade: you get a better unit and fast shipping (as soon as Craig verifies your order with Ed - Craig is apparently currently in vacation)

Hello. I have a pre-order from March 2009, obviously with Craigx's shop, seeing as I don't yet have a Pandora in hand.  Now that I am once again gainfully employed (with a job that pays in actual money no less), I found myself really really wanting all the stuff that a Pandora can do.  So, the lack of one is becoming more painful as time goes on.  Thus, I am considering the upgrade to 1ghz (more power and expiditious delivery!) model even though I find the price unpleasant.  So here's the question, where did the upgrade option in ED's shop go?  

I understand that ED is near the bottom of his pre-order queue and that no one has any idea of what Craigx's queue looks like.  I, for the first time in this rather tumultuous journey, find myself concerned that my order will remain unfilled.  What is going on? Can I get a hint?

Send a mail to openpandorasales@gmail.com and ask for an upgrade.

They will send you vouchers which you can use at my shop to do the upgrade.

In case you don't get a reply from them, contact me and I'll check back.

Oh, that was fast.  I don't think I actually expected a response that quickly.  I don't yet have the funds to upgrade (its still like 350USD, yes?)  It will be some time before my finances even out after the months of joblessness.  I guess I was just concerned that the option I am interested in had apparently vanished.  Would it be a good idea to go ahead and get a voucher number though? Or does that require payment right away?

Oh, that was fast.  I don't think I actually expected a response that quickly.  I don't yet have the funds to upgrade (its still like 350USD, yes?)  It will be some time before my finances even out after the months of joblessness.  I guess I was just concerned that the option I am interested in had apparently vanished.  Would it be a good idea to go ahead and get a voucher number though? Or does that require payment right away?
The exchange rate varies, but it ended up costing me about $450 with shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw this after posting.  If it really ends up being that much, I honestly don't know if I can justify the cost.

I just saw this after posting.  If it really ends up being that much, I honestly don't know if I can justify the cost.
Right now, it's about 362 USD. Exchange rate is pretty stable these days, so it probably doesn't change much.

Right now, it's about 362 USD. Exchange rate is pretty stable these days, so it probably doesn't change much.
Cool.  I might be able to swing that in a month or two.  My wife thinks it makes sense to go for the 1ghz upgrade.  That's 2/3 of the requirements right there.

Well my credit card didn't allow a charge in EUR, so I used paypal, which adds a few extra percent to the currency conversion.

Maybe someday ED will take bitcoins...

Yaay!  Upgrade ordered.  Now...the shorter more intense waiting occurs.  I will stare out that window so hard.

Back