Need Some Advice, Good Lcd Monitor Models?

RoboJoe32

Here's his post, word for word.

hi, I'm in the market for a good -$400 LCD monitor.. can anyone recommend any? I've had my eye on the Samsung 710N and the NEC LCD1770NX - the first has a ton of reviews, but it's analog connection only - the second is DVI and, well, I've only seen 1 or 2 reviews total.

the 1770NX scored 1st place in FIRINGSQUAD.COM's "Budget LCD Roundup", but asides from that CNN reviews stated the image quality was poor, so I'm kind of at a loss here.. I will be using the monitor mostly for gaming and Photoshop, so I'd like the response to be 12ms (or lower) - my main concern is picture quality, though - I want a nice, sharp vibrant picture. can anyone point me in the right direction?

He kinda needs assistance in knowing what's a good fair priced LCD monitor model that's 17 or 19 inches and 12ms or so.

i think BenQ makes good ones. i have never heard any complains about benq monitors.
i have a T904, but i guess it is not 12ms fast. i don't play anything on the pc, so it doesn't matter to me. and it is very cheap 300-350€

Using Gigabyte here. Very nice backlight and no dead pixels, 17" same size as my 19" CRT. It was £220 including DVI. Sounds like that NEC is a good deal.

I've been meaning to ask this for a long time, so I'll ask here.

With flat screen monitors are higher resolutions not needed or something? Like if I was paying for a CRT monitor I would expect at least 1600*1200, but I havent seen any TFT ones that support this high resolution.

Because the LCDs have a fixed size. Making them smaller is more expensive, so instead they just make the screen larger to fit more in. So usually 1280x1024 is the standard 17" size.

Back