Need to find new usage options for Pandora: else selling it and leaving the community

I have used my Pandoras lately as games machines, music machines, and recharging-the-iPhone machine. It works great. Also, it felt 'safer' to go on vacation lately with just the Pandora, rather than bring a laptop, in case I needed a 'real machine' to do something remotely or whatever .. plus, CDEV.pnd .. so .. for me it has become a general-purpose swiss-army knife thingy that replaces the need for a laptop.

Sure will be good to get a 1ghz model, though..

A over clockable ( or under clockable ) lamp , alarm clock combo !

How awsomely nerdy would that be ?

I've always imagined the Pandora to be less of an end user device, and more of a community project box. Sure it can do many end user things, but you'll get the most out of it if you apply your talents to help the Pandora project as well as customizing your own Panda to act how you want it and do some quirky little thing that only open source hardware can do.

And those talents don't always have to be about programming either ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, eventually I decided to sell my Pandora to EvilDragon in order to help OpenPandora financially, as it will later be resold as a refurbished unit. I really didn't see any use for it anymore. Which of course does not mean that I don't like the device or something. It's still the greatest piece of pocketable computing out there besides a modern smartphone.

I will not be leaving the community though, as I've decided to delve deeper into music that could eventually be used for OpenPandora games. Don't know yet how I will provide my services (method of publishing, rights and everything), but I will surely let you all know that in another topic somewhere in the near future.

Thanks for all your feedback! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back