Need Xbox 360 Hd Help!

J201605

Website
google.com
I just got a new samsung 1080p 40" hdtv and an xbox 360 with the vga cable. I cant tell which looks better... the 1080p setting on the standard component hd cable or the 1920x1080 setting on the vga. Which is technically higher quality? Also... when I play a movie from my computer that is formatted in 1080p, it scales it to 4:3 even though it is a 16:9 video on a 16:9 display... how do i fix this? Also when playing dvd's it cuts a piece of of the top and the bottom the way it does when you play a widescreen dvd on a standard 4:3 tv. I really want to get the most out of the xbox tv combination.

In summary: How do I play the 1080p movies fullscreen and how do I make it scale for fullscreen on dvd's, also which cable should I use?

Jackd posted on Mar 1 2007 at 12:31 AM said:
I just got a new samsung 1080p 40" hdtv and an xbox 360 with the vga cable.
Welcome to the club :). What model TV did you get? I have the LNS4096D, and couldn't be happier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackd posted on Mar 1 2007 at 10:51 AM said:
Lol, ive got the same tv. Which do you think works better, vga or composite?
Not sure. I use the supplied cable. I'll be watching this thread for answers though :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
id of guessed that the hd component leads would be the best bet, i use the vga lead through a 19" widescreen monitor and get a good picture but i doubt its as good as the component through a hd tv. i have the display settings set to 1280 x 720 as this seems to get the sharpest picture (i heard this is the 360's native resolution output, so maybe thats why, i dunno :rolleyes: )

Back