Neo Geo CD system

Twimfy

OMG 3 years here!
Website
www.stctg.co.uk
I'm looking for a Neo Geo CD unit at a reasonable price, I'm not worried about a double speed loading one or anything, a bog standard version would be fine.

I don't want to have to pay anymore than £60, and remember that I'm in the UK. I have checked Ebay.

I think you'll be lucky to find one under £60 to be honest. The cheap ones on Ebay for example tend to be shipped from Japan etc so the shipping costs (and possible Import duty) are very high.

If you do find one, I'd be glad to know where you got it though. ;)

I only had mine for a short while before trading up for an AES instead - the loading times on fighters were a little too frustrating for my liking!

Dozer posted on Dec 28 2003 at 03:33 PM said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...16&category=187
Is the best i could find, they seem to only really sell with lots of games and stuff tho while bangs the price up to around £150. Maybe check car boot sales or adds in the paper, people let classic consoles go for pennies in places like that.
Thanks, but I'd already seen this, I e-mailed the guy (or gal) asking about Power supply and video output probs etc, also to see If I can get a clue about the reserve price. :D

As for the price, yeah I know I'll be lucky to get one for that but If I spend all my momey on just the unit I'll have nothing left for games. The loading times won't bother me because the only thing I have to compare it to is emulation. Besides I only want to play metal slug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to www.neo-geo.com you get quality deals like that all the time i just bought a frontloader shipped from the usa to england for $135 go check the site out ;)

Well, I've seen the system on sale in X-Electrical branches before, but not sure how much for. They're somewhere to check though, if there's a branch near you...

I've given up on the idea, I had a really good think about it and I thought fuck it I'll just keep on emulating it, I don't have room for another black box in my attic.

Back