Neo Geo Cd

darkman

darkman unmasked!
Website
www.vci.net
After playing a lot of the Neo games on the GP2X, I just had to pick up one of these this past week. Been having a great awesome time. :lol:
neocd.png

It came with three games, Fatal Fury Special, KOF 94, and KOF 96. I also picked up a few others like Showdown 2 and 4, KOF 95, and KOM 2. KOF 96 has been my favorite out of these, so far. (Mature is my babe fighter)
Looking to pick up more games soon. I think I am becoming an "original hardware" game player. :eek:
I had read about the slow access times for these things, ha, the original PSP makes this player look like lightening. ;)

Well good for you! How much did that lot cost you?
Been thinking about getting one of them myself, suppose the likes of Metal Slug would be cheaper than the AES versions, and there's that Samurai Shodown RPG too.

You have fun now, yes?

TwoHeadedBoy said:
Well good for you! How much did that lot cost you?
Been thinking about getting one of them myself, suppose the likes of Metal Slug would be cheaper than the AES versions, and there's that Samurai Shodown RPG too.

You have fun now, yes?
It cost me $89.00 USD, with $48.00 shipping from Japan. It is a Japanese system so there is no censorship of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samba Pa Ti said:
does it play backup cd's ?
you could make copies then and never need to use your neogeo disks, are the lasers easy to replace ?
I have no idea. I have not tried a backup yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Neogeo CD is a great console, despite what you might have heard. Lower-meg count games load once at the start, and never load again. The top-loader is built like a tank. The pads are absolutely fantastic, the best damn pad this side of the Japanese Saturn one. Games are cheap, and some of the exclusives the console has are pretty damn good (Zintrick, Iron Clad & Crossed Swords 2). Some of the games have absolutely fantastic remixed soundtracks (like Samurai Shodown 2). Yeah, for all you scurvy piratey-types, the units play back-ups too, no modifications necessary.

I bought a CDZ the other month with a couple of these:

neofighterstick4.jpg

I love the original Japanese game manuals - I'm currently learning Japanese, just for them!

I agree about the load-times, they're no worse than a 360 and certainly not a show-stopper.
There's only Metal Slug 1 and 2 available though..

Current winner is Windjammers, a night of lager and a couple of mates.

Back