Neo Geo Pocket Colour

hemmelig

Still Fresh
Website
home.no.net
Got myself a NGPC console for some time ago. Got this great console with 6 games (the arcade-bundle) and Sonic Pocket Adventure for approx 92 $.
Well worth the money , especially Sonic Pocket adventure , which i got for only 9 bucks.
Just got SNK vs Capcom : Match of the Millenium too , which also is a great game.

Other people that own a Neo Geo Pocket : Discuss here.
A little off-topic talk about the other Neo Geo consoles is accepted :)

I love my ngpcs - I would recommend biomotor unitron as well (pokemon like rpg with robots). I actually have 2 ngpcs, I picked up the same arcade bundle in the US for £15 in an EB because I did not have 4 of the games. They are so cheap at the mo that I would definitely recommend one to anybody looking for solid gameplay on the move.

£15? Where?!!?

Man, as much as I love my GP32, I'd have to say that the NGPC is the best commercial handheld ever. A great piece of hardware and a classic catalogue of games, with many that have yet to be bettered in their respective genres (Match of the Millenium, Card Fighters Clash, Metal Slug 2nd Mission).

And if you're a collector, I highly recommend you look in to the NGPC. The Euro clamshell cases are just fantastic...like the little brother of the AES :D

I've since migrated to an MVS cab, but the NGPC still has a special place in my heart.

I love mine as well, only have 1 game though, but its Match of the Millenium and that kicks soo much ass, i would much rather pull out my NGPC for MOTM than play Kof 91 on GP32

I really wanted a NGPC, and its pretty easy to get them round here but the trouble is finding the games...I've seen the ones I'm interested in go for silly amounts on ebay. That NGPC emulator was looking really promising, ran pretty silky smoothe, does anyone know wether the project is still going? that would be awesome

I love my silver NGPC and have a UK game collection (all complete, in clamshell boxes + manuals and slips) that is very, very nearly complete..

Samurai Shodown 2 (1)
Picture Puzzle (2)
Evolution (2)
Faselei (5)
Dynamite Slugger (2)
Biomotor Unitron (1)
Last Blade (1)
Cotton (1)
Dive Alert Becky (1)
Dive Alert Matt (2)
Puzzle Bobble Mini (1)
Sonic (1)
Beast Busters - Dark Arms (1)
Puyo Pop (1)
Cool Boarders (1)
Puzzle Link 2 (1)
Puzzle Link (1)
Metal Slug (1)
Metal Slug 2nd Mission (1)
King Of Fighters R2 (1)
Match of the Millenium - SNK v Capcom (1)
Card Fighters Clash - Capcom (1)
Card Fighters Clash - SNK (1)
Gal Fighters (1)
Fatal Fury Special (1)

+ Rockman Battle and Fighters (1 x Jap)

Still need a few of the early games to complete the full set! I think I need something like 8 games, mostly the early and b/w releases.

El_Diablo: Thunderz is still working on it, but he is also working on GPadvance, and his real life, so he is a busy man.

Can anybody recommend any good neo geo aes games that won't break the bank? I've just ordered a console with nam, king of monsters 2 and samurai spirit 2. Thanks.

finty101 posted on Aug 1 2004 at 09:13 PM said:
Look on ebay. They are dirt cheap. Try Neo Turf masters.
I hope that's sarcasm <_<

I'm not 100% sure on the prices (I buy MVS carts), but you should be able to pick up some of the early KoF games for under £50. Windjammers, League Bowling, Baseball Stars Pro and the Fatal Fury series are decent early games that *shouldn't* cost too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to build up a good 'gaming' colection (rather than a 'mint-in-box' type collection), go with the MVS arcade version, rather than the AES home console... the carts are much cheaper (my MVS Slug X, Blazing Star, Pulstar, Last Blade 1 & 2, MoTW were all less than £90 each... I really want an MVS SNK v Capcom cart though! ). Of course, if you're a snob and want the AES versions... go right ahead

Back