Neogeo Problem

Shaun

Okay, before I had GnGeo working with Metal Slug 1, 5, and X - the only games I could really get working. Metal Slug 5 was fantastic. I thought I'd upgrade to the new version as it could have improved compatibility. But it didn't work. I launch my games through Rage but that shouldn't make a difference. I get a message saying that three BIOS files are missing. I can't remember their names as I'm at college.

Anyway, I did a thread the other day and found out that you have to rename the BIOS files to those names. I did so, and I also found out they should be in the ROMs directory. So I made it so the BIOS files were both in "roms" and "bios" to no avail. This is irritating as it was working before.

p.s. To save myself from making a new thread, do you know why the music with PicoDrive is so slow. Even if I clock to 240 it's no different than 200.

Okay, before I had GnGeo working with Metal Slug 1, 5, and X - the only games I could really get working. Metal Slug 5 was fantastic. I thought I'd upgrade to the new version as it could have improved compatibility. But it didn't work. I launch my games through Rage but that shouldn't make a difference. I get a message saying that three BIOS files are missing. I can't remember their names as I'm at college.

Anyway, I did a thread the other day and found out that you have to rename the BIOS files to those names. I did so, and I also found out they should be in the ROMs directory. So I made it so the BIOS files were both in "roms" and "bios" to no avail. This is irritating as it was working before.

p.s. To save myself from making a new thread, do you know why the music with PicoDrive is so slow. Even if I clock to 240 it's no different than 200.

Just redo GnGeo (as in start from scratch, or read the new readme that came with the lastest version)

Maybe it's a bad rom in PicoDrive??

Last edited by a moderator:
The romrc's changed in recent versions of GNGeo (as did the gfx dump format). If your games were dumped, you will have to re-dump 'em. And you may have to edit the romrc's or rename some of the roms.

Back