Neogeo & Super Nintendo emulators

NeoG

Hy, I would like to know how do this two emulators work with Pandora, if they are 100% perfect, do they need overclocking, if the sound is good, and in the case of Super Nintendo how does it handle games like Yoshis Island with its 3d efects.

I have my Pandora preordered from date 28/09/2009.

Ofcouse it would be nice to also know how advanced are other emulators like Ps1, N64(I think Mario64 works perfect).

I am mainly interested in amulators or at least games that work perfect, not interested in dreamcast or other emulators that work slow or with lots of bugs.

Thanks for your help.

Ps. Excuse my english, I am from Spain. :)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_NXgb8q8bOY?feature=oembed
psx is in near excellent condition using psxrearmed, mupen is constantly at work, many games are very playable, but many are still glitchy, we're very happy with the current result though and are happier with any updates to it. for more(older) videos of pandora can do, check here, as suggested in sticky (why doesnt anyone ever check these?)

Thanks guys for your answers, is good to know that these two great emulators work perfect, there are so many great games there, and beeng able to play them on a decent screen with good controls is gonna be a blast.

DaMummy on the link you gave me, EvilDragon sais that for some games like Yoshis Island you need to overclock, although some of those videos are a bit old, and I am not sure if they have improved, I am specilly interested in Yoshis Island which is one of my old time favorites.

Is there a tutorial on how to make these emulators work in my Pandora? I gues I have to download the emulator and put it and the roms in a certain folder, but I am not sure, I do own a 16GB SDHC card.

And my last question is ¿where can I download the roms for NeoGeo and Super Nintendo games?, I am interested in both legal downloads but also free, if you can put some links or send them via private message it would be greatly apreciated. :)

Thanks for your help.

Is there a tutorial on how to make these emulators work in my Pandora? I gues I have to download the emulator and put it and the roms in a certain folder, but I am not sure, I do own a 16GB SDHC card.
There's simple emulator guide over here. If I rememeber correctly for NeoGeo you have to provide the internal console rom apart from games' roms.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer the snes emulator to picodrive purely because of the snazzy rom screen and the fact that it has screenshots on the savestates B)

Thanks guys for your answers, is good to know that these two great emulators work perfect, there are so many great games there, and beeng able to play them on a decent screen with good controls is gonna be a blast.

DaMummy on the link you gave me, EvilDragon sais that for some games like Yoshis Island you need to overclock, although some of those videos are a bit old, and I am not sure if they have improved, I am specilly interested in Yoshis Island which is one of my old time favorites.

And my last question is ¿where can I download the roms for NeoGeo and Super Nintendo games?, I am interested in both legal downloads but also free, if you can put some links or send them via private message it would be greatly apreciated. :)

Thanks for your help.

1. If YI DOES need overclock, it's not going to be anything ridiculous.

2. Drop the PND in (on your SD card) /pandora/menu for it to show in your taskbar's menu. Run it once, and now drop your ROMs inside /pandora/appdata/(whatever the appdata's name is, should be similar to the PND). If there's a folder in there specifying ROMs, it'd be a good idea to put the ROMs in there.

3. PM me, that's a taboo subject here. ;)

Thanks again for answering my questions. :)

I would also like to know what other emulators work perfect right now apart from Super Nintendo and Neo Geo wich are the ones I will mostly use.

I ordered my Pandora especially for 2d emulators, but for example, I looks like N64 emulator is not there yet(I dont expect it to), but would be interesting to know if Mario 64 does run perfectly, even though the other games dont.

Also I see that there are diferent emulators for Super Nintendo, ¿which one works best?

What about CPS 1 2, it would be great to be able to play some street fighter alpha, at the beginning of the project I saw a video of street fighter alpha 3 that was runing perfectly.

What about PS1 emulator?, looks very good but I dont know if its working perfect or not.

I guess it would be nice to have a list of the emulators, with especifications concearning their condition, which ones work 100% perfect, which ones are almost there, and the ones that are really rough, althogh maybe some of them like N64 work perfect with one or two games.

Greetings froms Spain, and dont forget to come by for your summer vacations, I specially recomend Costa Brava. :D

LTwo-deck-chairs-and-boat.jpg

You don't want to be actively invited British people to Spain, we've done enough damage already.

I use Snes9x4p, it's fantastic.

I've been playing some CPS1 games on mame4all and they worked flawlessly. I haven't tried any CPS2 ones yet, but I have loads and I could have a browse later. - OK mame4all beta apparently doesn't support CPS2.

As far as I'm aware; Mario 64 is very playable.

pscxrearmed has played every ps1 game I've thrown at it so far, no great problems.

Snes9x4P is *the* SNES emulator to go for. That's all there is to say about that one. :p

Regarding CPS1: As Sugar_Kane notes above, MAME4All (based on MAME 0.37b5) supports that, but not CPS2. CPS2 stuff is supported by the port of MAME 0.106, but you will need to overclock for this.

PCSX-ReARMed is close to perfect, at least for the games I own, but I gather that people's mileage varies with this depending on what they're trying to play.

Thanks Sugar_Kane and Prometheus for answering all my doughts, when I get my Pandora I will know wich emulators work great.

Its quite impresive that the Ps1 emulator works so well, big thanks to all the geniuses that make this emulators posible.

See ya. :)

[Removed. Sorry, but please don't ask for that sort of thing here.]

Back