Neogeocd Emulator

PSyMastR

\m/O__O\m/
Website
Visit site
Ok, well Im really sad. Is anyone taking over NK's Project?

My friend just lent me his PSP, and I tried the homebrew (Using the 2.0 exploit) and the NeoGeoCD Emulator. At 233Mhz it runs almost fullspeed with a tad bit of lag around Metal Slug 2 when the screen gets loaded with sprites. It also has sound effects. This really got me wondering if anyone is going to either re-write a new one or continue NK's work on the GP2x version, as it seems like it would work. So, is anyone currently planning on picking it up to continue it?

it would be nice if someone would pick up where he left off, it was a pretty quick port but with a bit of optimizing im sure it will run probably as good as the PSP one at 200mhz!

The developer section in gp2mania.com, there is a zip file NK made called gp2mania_svn.zip. If you run gp2mania_update.bat on your windows PC, it'll download all the latest source code from NK. Or, if you're experienced with SVN, you can go to gp2mania.kldp.net.

Hopefully, this will be the seeds of future emulators.

LIZARDKING posted on Dec 18 2005 at 11:16 AM said:
Did NK stop deving the NeoGeoCD emu?
I think he's pretty much jumping from port to port now. IMO, a big disadvantage of speed porting is that it leaves a lot of half finished ports that others have to finish. Or maybe I'm wrong and it's an advantage? At least we have half finished ones rather than nothing. But to finish someone elses work seems somewhat like unsatisfactory/unrewarding work to me.

We can only hope that he goes back to fix things later or that someone else picks it up. NeoGeo without sound is pretty sad :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back