[nes] River City Ransom

Ya, This is my favorite game. No other way to look at it. What special moves you looking for. Just when everyone plays this game make sure to get dragon feet. For every kick you kick 3 times. Its the best book you can buy. It beats the crap out of stone hands. Ill help you expland this review if you want.

grand slam -three weapon strikes
acro circus - spinning jump
stone hands - three punches in one
dragon feet - three kicks in one
fatal steps - kills anyone you jump near
javelin man - throws people far

Maybe im missing one, im not sure. Its been a while since I played it how I like. Oh ya, merlins magic shop is kinda cool, Its under the bridge second light over. Dont remember the name of the area but its between a park and a warehouse, I think you fight boris at the warehouse. (alhtough boris could be a figment of my imagination).

my icon is even rcr for god sakes

Ya, This is my favorite game. No other way to look at it. What special moves you looking for. Just when everyone plays this game make sure to get dragon feet. For every kick you kick 3 times. Its the best book you can buy. It beats the crap out of stone hands. Ill help you expland this review if you want.

grand slam -three weapon strikes
acro circus - spinning jump
stone hands - three punches in one
dragon feet - three kicks in one
fatal steps - kills anyone you jump near
javelin man - throws people far

Maybe im missing one, im not sure. Its been a while since I played it how I like. Oh ya, merlins magic shop is kinda cool, Its under the bridge second light over. Dont remember the name of the area but its between a park and a warehouse, I think you fight boris at the warehouse. (alhtough boris could be a figment of my imagination).

my icon is even rcr for god sakes

cool thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Best if you keep track of which foods boost what skills or attributes... (unless you can find the secret store, which I wont post the location of here)

The throw skill and the agility skill can work in concert if you run while you throw an item, it increases the trhwo damage on the enemy it hits. Same with the punch and kick while running, but only for the first hit, I think.

Greenmikey was right, get the DRAGON FEET as soon as possible.

Nice review :D Nice site too.

Has anyone pleayed a game that uses the exact same sprite style as this called Tecmo World Cup Soccer or something? I must be remebering the wrong name because I can't find it anywhere!

the best version of this game is a hacked rom called River City Pimp. It's hilarious.
could you give us a link?

Best if you keep track of which foods boost what skills or attributes... (unless you can find the secret store, which I wont post the location of here)

The throw skill and the agility skill can work in concert if you run while you throw an item, it increases the trhwo damage on the enemy it hits. Same with the punch and kick while running, but only for the first hit, I think.

Greenmikey was right, get the DRAGON FEET as soon as possible.
i started a new game and bought dragon feet as first thing - awesome!
btw: what does "max power maxed out" means? i just don`t get it!

and what attribute is the most important in the beginning?

river city ransome ex was the first rom i tried to play on every release of gpadvance.
i never heard about the game, sounds cool *searching... ;)*

Nice review biggrin.gif Nice site too.

Has anyone pleayed a game that uses the exact same sprite style as this called Tecmo World Cup Soccer or something? I must be remebering the wrong name because I can't find it anywhere!
NINTENDO WORLD CUP

NINTENDO WORLD CUP
Thanks, that's been annoying me all day.

The whole game, you want to keep stamina to the highest you can keep it.. The higher that is, the better your chance you can take a real pounding and get back up.. .And you might get a couple of bars of "health" when you get up too.

I normally try to get my kick and weapon high at first.. Later on, there's a shoe store, and the most expensive boots (I think the TEXAS BOOTS) are almost a hundred dollars, but it just maxes out your kick, so one dragon kick can send two guys flying onto their backs. Also running, jumping and landing with a dragon kick hitting a boss will really take a lot of health off of him, especially if you've timed a thrown weapon to hit him from behind just beforehand.

no_skill said:

NINTENDO WORLD CUP
Thanks, that's been annoying me all day.

Crash and the Boys Street Challenge(Ghetto-ish trach and field type game with wepons + items :lol: ) used the same sprite style as well

Back