Net games

samuman

Still Fresh
Can I play internet games with p&|a ?
You know like flash and others?

Yes, when a flash player availlable/ported. You can use wlan/a lan-card/UMTS connected on usb

samuman said:
Can I play internet games with p&|a ?
You know like flash and others?
Flash game will work if supported by gnash.
shockwave games wont ever.

To be sure, start an ubuntu live cd and point your browser to your game. Works ?
yes) there is a chance that gnash will handle it.
no) then forget about that game on your pandora :(

but most of these games didn't invented the wheel, so there is a large chance that an open-source game implement the same game-play. So with a bit (that could be long...) you could find an equivalent. post it here and hope someone port it over.

sebt3 said:
To be sure, start an ubuntu live cd and point your browser to your game. Works ?

do the ubuntu live cd include gnash? under an installed ubuntu i believe that most people just use the binary flash plugin for linux; i didn't know that the live included a flash plugin at all

anyway, currently gnash is much better suited for videos (the main target of developement) than games, but now that the full specs for flash have been released there may be hope for a quicker improvement

valhalla said:
sebt3 said:

do the ubuntu live cd include gnash? under an installed ubuntu i believe that most people just use the binary flash plugin for linux; i didn't know that the live included a flash plugin at all

anyway, currently gnash is much better suited for videos (the main target of developement) than games, but now that the full specs for flash have been released there may be hope for a quicker improvement

Your right, but I think you get a choice of what plugin you want to use, so you would have to install gnash on the live cd to test it out. I still use the binary one but if gnash improves enough, I'll probably change over to that.

mkinzler said:
On pandora there won't be a binary version i guess

The binary version is created by adobe and they wont port it to the pandora, but there is still hope as some people said it might be possible to adapt the nokia n series flash player to work on the pandora.

mkinzler said:
If there is an version for nokia it should work on pandora too

The Nokia N800 and N810 internet tablets have a Mozilla-based web browser with full Flash support

The N800 and N810 are linux based arm tablets. It might be as simple as copying the plugin over to the pandora. Also from wikipedia n810 has an OMAP 2420. For what it's worth, you can get these files here;

http://jpegserv.com/linux/n810flash.zip (no telling if they will work)

EDIT: correct archive now

Back