Networking in Emulators Possible?

j0n

Hi guys,

I remember a couple of years ago playing my brother in Mario Kart over a LAN using the 1964 emulator, I'm wondering if anything like this would be possible with the Pandora?

I guess it probably is possible, but has anyone tried it? Would make an interesting experiment with 2 pandoras together...

Basically it's up to the emulator developer if s/he implements this. It's certainly possible to do. This has been asked a couple of times, but I couldn't find the relevant threads for reference. I don't know if any of the current emulators do this.

(Also, I think this post would be better suited to "General talk", could a mod move it?)

There are a bunch on the old fora. I'll post more here as I find them - Stay tuned. The short answer seems to be no, until either either someone buys kaillera off of Mr. Hugi for 40K or makes a replacement, or else codes in ad hoc multiplayer (e.g. NDS multiplayer). Doubtful this will be happening anytime soon, especially as many of the emulators do not work perfectly yet. There have also been efforts to create pairing applications (namely TINXL and POND), although these would need to be integrated into emulators with pre-existing ad-hoc support

Pandora Gaming League

Multiplayar Pandora Action

Multiplayer

Game With Others Online

Wireless Multiplayer?

open-kaillera-net-play-on-pandora-2008-thread

Netplay/Kaillera on the Emulators

Emultors + Multiplayer

"Pandora Live"

Multiplayer Emulation

Pandora Emulator Features?

TINXL?

Pandora for Online Gaming

Pandora Live!

Ad Hoc

MAME Online with Kaillera

Easy Pandy-to-Pandy Link?

Pandora Live / Pandora Network

Is Multiplayer possible on the Pandora?

Announcement: POND

Multiplayer Idea (re. using second unit as a bluetooth controller for multiplayer on a single unit)

New Fora:

Multiplayer

Wiki:

TINXL

Note: you might need to go a few pages into these to find the relevant posts.

Also: Not posting all of these to be obtuse/rude, but so that all of the links are in one place for anyone who wants to read up on the topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back