New (and Heavy) Firmware Soon ?

I just did the update and everything is running fine. It does a full flash of the NAND so I just lost my Quake save :( (no biggie though). Now you can launch comic book etc. from the music player if you press the select button. Very nice!

Regards

André

is it in english and is it the same procedure as the normal update

can someone confirm is the update procedure the same as all the other firmware copy to sd card insert sd card and then power on unit, press b when asked to update firmware,once completed power off and on with r button pressed to complete the firmware upgrade is this it

i am just doing the update now i couldnt wait the screen has all gone funny teared is this normal

ok it seems there are 4 progress barrs orange they are moving up slowly the screen looks all fuzzy but it looks good so far nearlt done here

jutley, what do you mean with couldn't wait?!

And DjoeN, I am also downloading it to put it on my upload center but it takes 23 minutes to complete the download first!

does anyone know how long the update takes mine is still on fuzzy screen doesnt seem to be doing much do i need to press something

can someone confirm is the update procedure the same as all the other firmware copy to sd card insert sd card and then power on unit, press b when asked to update firmware,once completed power off and on with r button pressed to complete the firmware upgrade is this it
I just turned on mine with the r button pressed down and it did the update. Took about 10-15 minutes and then I turned off my Wiz and removed the files from my SD card, reinserted it and booted my Wiz and VIOLA!

Regards

André

Last edited by a moderator:
cant realy see any visual changes looks like just important system files have been updated here all for the best i hope i can confirm its in english as default little tip when flashing when the red progress bars stop and disapear it does nothing the update is actually complete but it doesnt tell you its complete so just power off and delete the files of the sd card and then power with sd card and your done.

Ok, I just looked. They are still using FAT32 (VFAT), so be careful when writing to the user nand!

*sigh*

, so be careful when writing to the user nand!

*sigh*
By careful do you mean just make sure there's no power outage or is there anything else to take into account?

Should get mine tomorrow with the older firmware.
Just want to use emulators at the moment so is it worth upgrading?

Also has this had any effect on screen tearing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back