New Case Design

Do you prefer the New Design or the Previous Design

• I Prefer the new edges

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Na let's stick with the old edges

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I would prefer the old ThinkPad-look, but as long as the surface does not feature a high-polish Apple-look, I'm fine. Ten years ago, all those devices would have had transparent-neon casings, now it's high-polish black and white and soon everybody will follow Apple's aluminum-casings. It's a shame...

IIRC it will be matt. The thinkpad comparison seems valid, but the Pandora's problem are the overall proportions. The curving tries to address that and makes it look a little sleeker while keeping it's dimensions.

I find the old style more professional. The new style is too childish-netbook-like. Way too roundish if you ask me. Also the hinges are a little too big. The proportions aren't right. It looks to sturdy and unbreakable Duplo-like.

And please, leave the glossy stuff of... Everything nowadays has that stuff on it. From televisions to cooking alarms, ugh, where is the nearest warp zone to a glossyless planet?

The old style with DS-like rounded edges and a illuminated logo that is slightly bigger (somewhere between the current logo and the size of a PSP logo) would be my vision for the retail case.

I like both designs so I don't mind one way or the other. If it does what it's suppose to, I'll be a happy camper.

The new design looks VERY nice :) I like it !!! It looks sleek and modern.

EdCa22 said:
Definently much preferred the old one. And hope the new one is black. But I'm not seriously bothered by the new one I guess, just don't see the issue with the old one. It looked very cool being retro and durable (like the IBM thinkpads)
+10 :)

I guess that new one is odd. It look like something for little girl. :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
Patrick R Ludvigsen said:
MDave said:
I wonder how close I am guessing what its final appearance will be, and guessing where the LEDS are going to be :)

Oh, having the logo painted blue would look pretty swish!

pandora_blueemblem.png
Holy crap yes

QFT

(Make the backlight shine through the logo like on a Macbook!)

adamorjames said:
Matt will look nice. Let's hope it's matt.
matt_damon.jpg

?

Wootson said:
Also the hinges are a little too big. The proportions aren't right. It looks to sturdy and unbreakable Duplo-like.
Id rather have it in unbreakable duplo style and looking like that then some frail, easy to break slim ones.

But i love the new design, anyone worried about ppl thinking it's a DS? just show what's on screen (and be sure it's not wipeout ofc : )

These rounded corners are absolutely hideous. The look is completely destroyed. I absolutely hate it. I liked the old design very much;).

Eniko said:
Ryuu said:
To whoever is designing the case, Nice change but as before how do i open this thing ? do i position my thumb at the front and press very hard so as to get enough friction to be able to lift the lid. Is that good for the hinge? or do i use the non-existent ridge between the bottom of the case and the lid and lift like any other clamshell device?

OH! i get it, its a Clamshell design so like a real Clamshell i have to use a knife to open it :lol:

Sounds like someone's never handled a DS, which has no recesses or ridges either and opens just fine.
Actually i bought a ds phat as soon as it hit the shelfs and paid £170 with 2 games and the ds phat did have a ridge fyi. Btw the ds lite does look mighty smexy but i threw away my ds phat cos ds games sucked and i havent owned a handheld since then.

-Ryu

MarkoeZ said:
Id rather have it in unbreakable duplo style and looking like that then some frail, easy to break slim ones.
+1

MDave said:
I wonder how close I am guessing what its final appearance will be, and guessing where the LEDS are going to be :)

Oh, having the logo painted blue would look pretty swish!

pandora_blueemblem.png
I voted for the original look but after seeing this, I've changed my mind!! :p

Looks great with the blue logo.

Well, I voted for the curved edges, but frankly I could care less. I want to use my Pandora, not show it off. ;)

While the blue LED's are flashy and cool, I'd actually rather it not look expensive. The more discreet the Pandora is, the more places I can use it without feeling uncomfortable and under the gaze of all.

MWeston said:
That looks really cool, but I thought people agreed a light in the lid was cheesy?
I feel your pain. A work of art is never finished. ;)

CoMiKe said:
I don't care about the leds, but the black pandora with the blue logo ROCKS!

pandora_blueemblem.png

BEAUTIFUL!
That does look great, maybe it will have a blue semi-transparent logo, so light from the LCD can show through...

Back