new component needed!

squaresosig

hello there, recently I dropped my pandora, apparently loosening one of the components inside it, at first I thought I had fixed it, screen came back on, and I rebuilt the thing, only to find it was broken again, now the component is straight off the board and broken :(

Can anyone tell me where I can find a new one ? 

IMG_20140126_183946.jpg

IMG_20140126_184009.jpg

That's a capacitor that's needed for the display, but you found that out already.

The capacitor looks undamaged, so you should be able to resolder it yourself (if you're not afraid of soldering).

If you have soldered it and works but you think it's not 100% fixed, you can also put some hot glue on top of it so it won't fall off again.

Of course, if you can't do it yourself, I'll fix it for free :)

That's a capacitor that's needed for the display, but you found that out already.

The capacitor looks undamaged, so you should be able to resolder it yourself (if you're not afraid of soldering).

If you have soldered it and works but you think it's not 100% fixed, you can also put some hot glue on top of it so it won't fall off again.

Of course, if you can't do it yourself, I'll fix it for free :)

That's really nice of you o: 

I did try soldering it, worked until i put it back together, if i put a looot of pressure on it it works, I may try reflowing

Ugh, doesn't look like I'm going to re flow this, the pads themselves got knocked off the capacitor, and I don't trust myself to not make it worse s:

Where and how can I send it to you EvilDragon ? c: thanks for this btw. 

Ugh, doesn't look like I'm going to re flow this, the pads themselves got knocked off the capacitor, and I don't trust myself to not make it worse s:

Where and how can I send it to you EvilDragon ? c: thanks for this btw. 
1. Read this

2. Get the RMA Sheet

3. If you don't live on the american continent, package up your Pandora and send it to:

OpenPandora GmbH

Schäffbräustr. 11

85049 Ingolstadt

Germany

(use 300 USD if a customs declaration is mandatory)

4. If you actually live on the american continent, www.ithic.com could be a cheaper alternative

Last edited by a moderator:
4. If you actually live on the american continent, www.ithic.com could be a cheaper alternative
May want to contact Link before just sending it off to him at ithic.com... If he has a spare working PCB then he may be able to swap it out, Link may just end up needing to sendit back to Germany anyway.

well if the contacts on the capacitor are missing. you can just create some by flowing solder onto where a contact should be

plus it looks like the contacts are still stuck to the board XD

Last edited by a moderator:
the capacitor is long gone, and at the time the actual contacts of the cap were ripped off, making it impossible to resolder. I have tried to find out what capacitance it was and replace it, but it never seemed to work. 

So from a quick search it turns out its a 22uH inductor! I hope that in my attempted repairs I didn't break it more o: 

I am just going to hope that my attempts last year to repair it did not damage it, I will try and get a suitable inductor from my uni electronic store soon!

Back