New Concept Ideas Pandora

Welcome to the forum and ignore the negatives bar the fact the design isn´t going to change and is mostly perfect as it is. A scroll wheel is a nice idea though, perhaps for P2 one day.

On a plus point were the positive ambassador like replies you received to your inquiry and I think one good idea, that does need contemplation in future, is a dedicated pandora branded docking station.

It should be as described earlier with a usb 2 hub, a screen support hinge, TV out ports or maybe monitor connections, if thats possible, and perhaps dedicated hardware inside to upscale to hdmi HD resolutions. A small jack should neatly fit the headphone port and relay to other out of site audio connection options, on the back. Mostly it needs a couple of spare battery charging ports, so you don´t need to be tethered whilst charging up a couple for a long trip sans mains.

Or we can go with this http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48984-pandora-alternative/
Loads of good drawing suggestions to work from there my friend!

Last edited by a moderator:
If we are going to suggest features for the Pandora 2, I think it would be a good idea to have an adjustable camera in the lid so the Pandora could be used for video conferencing or taking pictures.

im going to ignore everything but the last 3 posts (Well.... except what Gruso said, welcome back ; )

Welcome!

There might be room for a scrollwheel on the right side below the action buttons and to the right of the keypad. Position for thumb scrolling feels kinda nice, and not that easy to move by accident (got one, i tested :) Would add to the weird factor of the pandora though, i personally find that kinda cool, but i also find a large user base important ;)

And digital video out would be a must for pandora 2.

Cheers!

Mithrildor said:
sousaptak said:
1. there could be a advance version of pandora with the features of a cellphone. so that we can use it also as communicator as well as a UMPC.
2. it should contain features like 3g/4g network interface, inbuilt gps,camera for both voice calls and for other uses .

1. I dont think much people want to pay 20 euro extra to have a phone call feature.
2. Same here, not everyone uses 3G/4G

One small thing - it would Not be only 20 euro, look at the N900. Now imagine the price if there were only 8000 of them.
The cost to make it a phone is not just the hardware, it's the regulations of every country in the world (I'm sure the USA's FCC alone would make it impossibly expensive for OpenPandora)
Plus the software problem: See OpenMoko. OpenMoko also illustrates the cost, it's almost the price of a Pandora, with specs worse in every way. (Except the GPS and accelerometers)

Dunny said:
mali said:
Ok, sorry :)
That's why it's first things first. Too many possible interpretations.

Absolutely. I'm not sure that Craig should be discussing a possible Pandora 2 in public. It's an observed effect that people refrain from buying when a new version is due out "soon" and I fear for the second batch sales. Fortunately for us, it's "Craig soon" and should ensure that the Pandora has many, many years of use before the new one appears. In about 2018. But at least we know it'll have the new OMAP4 in it.

D.

I agree. I would be very slighted if a Pandora2 came out in 2011 just after I had received my Pandora. Now if you gave me a choice (if it was actually coming out in 2011) I think I would choose to wait a year.

Besides, I want to wait until the Pandora3 so I can get my flux capacitor, warp drive, teleportation, with a quantum processor I was promised. Craig said it would be here in two months (the one who visited me with his Pandora3 with a flux capacitor). I told him that his Pandora 3 didn't have the nanotech assembler vat I wanted, and he said it was coming out in the Pandora4.

WizardStan said:
Holy necropost, Batman :blink:

What are you talking about?

It's not like XxionxX posted in that thread, just stated a preference to not discuss Pandora 2, and showing us why.

I want a Pandora 4 - when does the pre ordering start?... 2050?.

@sousaptak - Your search has ended with the Pandora 4

Because being uncivil is the perfect way to make a welcoming community to back up a device which lives or dies by its community. :rolleyes:

Prometheus said:
Because being uncivil is the perfect way to make a welcoming community to back up a device which lives or dies by its community. :rolleyes:

You meant "civil", I'm sure :rolleyes: .

sousaptak said:
@ TYPS LIK DIS
thanks 4 ur comments, but the last comment was not appropiate. i suggest you to be more careful while choosing your words.

@ mr. loon
thanks for sharing that NDS idea. hope it attracts the developers attention.

@ Mithrildor
thanks for the information. please keep checking this topic, & post your own concept ideas if possible.

if U dinnt want my commetn why didnt u say so in ur post then

@ typs lik dis

i didnt asked for your recommendation for me being or leaving ths forum. i asked about concept ideas. dont you people understand simple english ??
if u ve got something else to say go post it elsewhere.

sousaptak said:
@ typs lik dis

i didnt asked for your recommendation for me being or leaving ths forum. i asked about concept ideas. dont you people understand simple english ??
if u ve got something else to say go post it elsewhere.

yea i have a concept idea for the pandora where it is capable of running a web browser that connects to gp32x.de w/o you in it

edit @ gruso no need to get involved, ig ot it under control.

Back