New Dingoo? Don't Update Firmware

Sofia has sent me the recovery tool for the Dingoo with the new LCD controller.

Download it here

Does that mean the old version of the Dingoo will no longer be able to update the firmware?
Both "models" use the same firmware. The problem was that if you brick your new Dingoo while updating the firmware, you can't unbrick it with the old recovery tool because the LCD controller is different, but now you can :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks for the warning (I'm expecting that mine may arrive today, so this is worth knowing). :)

Does that mean the old version of the Dingoo will no longer be able to update the firmware?
Both "models" use the same firmware. The problem was that if you brick your new Dingoo while updating the firmware, you can't unbrick it with the old recovery tool because the LCD controller is different, but now you can :"] [/quote]Ah, Gotcha :)
So where's the best place to buy a Dingoo then? I'm in the UK.

DealExtreme. Even if you get hit with tax (which is unlikely) you will still be paying quite a bit less than anywhere which has it in the UK.

15% + a roughly £8 handling fee. I personally have always managed to get away without paying any tax though.

What Orkie said. Except sometimes, you may find that some will misread a "$" as "£" and charge you a lot more as a result. Most inconvenient.

Oh yeah, good point. People were saying there was a tearing thing with side scrolling games. Is that still there?
i get it with the megadrive emulator, but i haven't really noticed it on the others. however, the tearing is horizontal, not diagonal - i can take a photo for anyone who's interested. i'm using the original firmware (1.1) without the overclocking app.

Back