New email from craig, watch out

I think all funds raised by this should go into the preorderfund.

But that's not going to happen I think.
I think the people who didn't want to pay any extra for their pandora in spite of the fact that it unfortunately cost a whole lot more than anticipated to develop, don't deserve to get a pandora while Craig is still in debt for a few hundred thousand dollars due to funding this project. But yeah that's just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig is still in debt for a few hundred thousand dollars due to funding this project.
Craig has no debt. His company has. Don't mix the two. That's why he is running a "Limited" company. Wording is important here, don't make it sound he is sleeping under the bridges. He is certainly NOT.  

I think all funds raised by this should go into the preorderfund.

But that's not going to happen I think.
I think the people who didn't want to pay any extra for their pandora in spite of the fact that it unfortunately cost a whole lot more than anticipated to develop, don't deserve to get a pandora while Craig is still in debt for a few hundred thousand dollars due to funding this project. But yeah that's just me.
Sorry, but that's just plain wrong, most preorder are wanting to pay a little bit more, most of us are aware that we paid too low, but there is a middle between adding nothing or adding "300euros" which would end up in us being the one who pay the most...

paying around 100euros more to get our pandora after 5years than someone buying one right now isn't right at all and I don't understand what you can't see there...

edit: just for the number ED speaks about over 50 people waiting for a pandora without adding money vs the 500 or so preorder still pending...

Craig has no debt. His company has. Don't mix the two. That's why he is running a "Limited" company. Wording is important here, don't make it sound he is sleeping under the bridges. He is certainly NOT.
ED's company is also limited (or rather beschränkt) liability, yet he took private loan to boost up finances of his company. I'm pretty sure Craig is far from sleeping under the bridge but it's quite likely he put some private funds into OpenPandora Ltd as well.
Isn't that what his company is already doing ? :) We haven't seen it deliver much more than promises made of thin air.
Which of his companies are you speaking of? :D

Craig is still in debt for a few hundred thousand dollars due to funding this project.
I meant that (as I understand) Craig re-mortgaged his house to support this project, and presumably still has to pay off that debt, which I suppose is at least a few hundred thousand dollars. Is that not a debt? Was that debt not incurred in order to fund this project? How do you know that Craig has no debt?

I meant that (as I understand) Craig re-mortgaged his house to support this project, and presumably still has to pay off that debt,

Can you really trust whatever is claimed by Craig?

Can you really trust whatever is claimed by Craig?
I can't trust his overly optimistic 'It'll be done in 2 months' estimates of course.

But I don't think he was lying when he said he re-mortgaged his house and put in a very large amount of money to keep the project going. I don't doubt he has considerable personal debt due to this project, unlike everyone else involved.

He just made a video with the same false claims over at his youtube account. I dont want to link to it because it increases his pagerank. Make your way over there and flag it as a scam.

Its locked for comments and rating. How convenient...

As you see in other threads, they sometimes doesn't seem to be tested well.

Unfortunately ED then needs to do the support for those.

Batteries = £3.50

GOD+DAMN+LOCH+NESS+MONSTER+I+AIN+T+GIVING+YOU+NO+_caf49a3e9fb3b672ebbc3538b2fa04bb.jpg

If the world made sense...

Craig would box up everything Pandora related that he has and send it to ED, for free, with a note to the effect of, "Sorry I messed it all up so bad - please use the contents to help in any way you see fit."

Yeah, ED doesn't need the headache. Maybe the spare parts for refurbished and repairs could help ED though? I want and need to buy a pile of parts for my two Pandoras. I won't buy parts from Craig - but I would from ED.

It's simply wrong from so many angles. He's selling 'fully working units' for less than ED can sell a screen, battery and LCD cable - and potentially hurting the sales of units that actually help his pre-order list. Literally competing against his own pre-order list fulfillment by selling units that they paid for.

Every unit Craig sells at fire sale prices potentially hurts ED's sales and costs ED money in repairs and support.

ED - Craig likely won't just give you his remaining inventory. He should, but I don't see it happening. If I understand it right, he still owes you a pile of money that you're not likely to get back. Maybe offer to buy his entire stock that he's currently pricing at $X for 2*$X in debt forgiveness? At least then you regain control over the Pandora sales & parts supply?

He's selling 'fully working units' for less than ED can sell a screen, battery and LCD cable - and potentially hurting the sales of units that actually help his pre-order list. Literally competing against his own pre-order list fulfillment by selling units that they paid for.

Every unit Craig sells at fire sale prices potentially hurts ED's sales and costs ED money in repairs and support.
Exactly.

As much as I would like to have a 2nd unit to play around with... I'm not sure I trust him enough to actually deliver.  YMMV.

Back