new firefox for mobile devices, looks awesome

PoisonedV said:
but it can run full featured firefox 3, so why bother?

Have you looked at the link?

I assume you havent so go look at it and comeback then you might understand why using a browser designed specifically for mobile devices will work well on a mobile device(especially the touch screen aspects)

stupot said:
PoisonedV said:

I assume you havent so go look at it and comeback then you might understand why using a browser designed specifically for mobile devices will work well on a mobile device(especially the touch screen aspects)
i looked at it. i can see why it would be used for a small, less feature packed device. but the pandora? not really.

PoisonedV said:
stupot said:
PoisonedV said:

i looked at it. i can see why it would be used for a small, less feature packed device. but the pandora? not really.

fair enough I guess for me the standout things taht would work well would be the workspace where i can see all the open tabs and then press on the one i want to go to rather than having to click on a tiny tab.

The ability for the controls to hide off screen and be brought in by a simple finger 'push' means more space for the actual webpage.

I thing in general using the mobile one with a finger would be a much better experience.

Firefox 6 is for pandora is that out for pc, i have firefox 3 for my pc i can't find firefox 6 anywhere.

sukhiextreme said:
Firefox 6 is for pandora is that out for pc, i have firefox 3 for my pc i can't find firefox 6 anywhere.
You have to get it with permission. go to mozillazine.org or the mozilla forums and ask for firefox 6.

i just thought the video on the link looked great.

i can imagine situations where it would be preferable on a pandora.

besides, one of the biggest advantages of running linux on any device is choice.

PoisonedV said:
sukhiextreme said:
You have to get it with permission. go to mozillazine.org or the mozilla forums and ask for firefox 6.

lol, firefox 6

i hope he finds it, hahah

PoisonedV said:
sukhiextreme said:

Don't be such an asshole. do it on this way:

Hello little boy. I've got some candy in my pants , you can get it if you want. You have to go really deep , until you find a snake you have to pull it to open a hatch where the candy is in.

No, just kidding:

There is no Firefox 6 , firefox 3 is the last version.

Wonslung said:
i just thought the video on the link looked great.

i can imagine situations where it would be preferable on a pandora.

besides, one of the biggest advantages of running linux on any device is choice.

The video does look great, but it is a concept video. Fennec is far from being finished. Wait half a year and maybe it turns out to be a good alternative.

I love my copy of Firefox 6. I have it synced up with my toaster (I have one of the ones that they have at best buy that have monitors) and it tells me when my food is ready in my browser window. It even has a 'browning' camera so I can see how toasted my waffles are. Firefox 6 is the greatest thing that happened to the internet since intergalactal sub-proton nuclear thermometers (and we all know what those do).

It looks like that mobile firefox would use even more resources. The tabs move smoothly and have thumbnails, nice animations...

The latest. And as has been said, Fennec is not quite finished yet, but it does look great! Even though the Pandora can use the full version of Firefox 3, a mobile-friendly version might be good because it is optimized for mobile platforms, such as the n8x0, or even the Pandora. That being said, I think FF3 will be pretty optimized for the Pandora as well, so I guess it's more of a matter of which interface you prefer.

I really like the idea of a browser which gets out of the way for the 800 by 480 display.
On my Nokia 770 internet tablet, even the "full screen" mode has significant pixels taken up by scroll bars across the bottom and right side.
For many, many websites, 800 pixels is fewer than what the webmaster wrote the site for, so any pixels recovered will be welcome.
And using Firefox 3 in full screen mode gives you scroll bars right and bottom, and a "tag" bar along the top.
Lots of pixels lost.

Seems like it has a better interface for use on the Pandora, and as said the touchscreen support, but that second link someone provided left me thinking that it also is likely to be less stable and potentially have more issues.

So, though a nice option I couldn't say I would use it until I get a chance to compare both on my Pandora.

Back