New Flu (overclocks To 200mhz)

When i use the Overclocking tester, my BLU will overclock to 166Mhz and hover over the 61/62 fps mark, but if i try any higher (168 for example) it crashes on the selection screen. Trying something like 200 makes it restart my gamepark. BUGGER! am i also right in thinking that 61/62 is pretty lame? (i only let it run for a few seconds, should i let it run for longer?

Thanks

It is certainly nice to know your GP32 "can" go up to 200MHz or more, but it proves useless in any other application than the tester. The speed your GP32 can run at depends on how much the cpu is being used and the tester does not "squeeze" the cpu much. What I am trying to say is that when your GP32 runs fine at 200MHz in the tester, you cannot be sure it will run at that speed in any emulator. My GP32 runs at 166MHz in the tester, but in any other application is freezes at any speed about 133MHz.
Just keep in mind that the speed testers are not benchmanrks so they just tell you what speed you can go to WITHOUT excessive processing power usage.
That is wrong Mr Mirkos Speed tester is processor intensive.

So you could run opensnesxGP at 220mhz and get a large perfomance increase.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
ahhhhh,

i remember when 166 was something to be proud of, first thing i did with my second hand gp was to test if it could hit that, now you guys are boasting about 220?

let us lot have our glory ok :(

ahhhhh,

i remember when 166 was something to be proud of, first thing i did with my second hand gp was to test if it could hit that, now you guys are boasting about 220?

let us lot have our glory ok :(
Well mine can only get 166mhz so it will probably going on a trip soon enough.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back