New Gp2x Mk2 Review.

What I want to know is:

GP2X Mk.1 Stick Vs. GP2X Mk.2 stick...

Which is better? (test with same software, same firmware, same setup)

does anyone have both and want to test it out?

Series-8 posted on May 9 2006 at 09:59 PM said:
What I want to know is:

GP2X Mk.1 Stick Vs. GP2X Mk.2 stick...

Which is better? (test with same software, same firmware, same setup)

does anyone have both and want to test it out?

You have a both already - the MK2 has the same as is now. It's just rotated by 45 degress to reverse its diagonal bias to ordinals. So it will be easier to hit ordinals as easy it's to hit diagonals now. That's all.

Last edited by a moderator:
omfg.. just learnt about this unit today, joined forums an hour ago and have been reading a bit while i wind up for this Friday at work :)

I WANT ONE!!!1111oneone :) how fcking awesome!

Awesome review! The whole article and video really changed my impression of the GP2X and its current capabilities (Though everybody talked about GNGeo being full speed, I never really believed that it was actually
that fast; I just hope that SNES emulation gets to full speed soon!). Time to finally pick up a GP2X :D

invinciblegod posted on May 2 2006 at 06:15 PM said:
The old screen wasnt bright enough in outdoor areas. If I was somewhere with even a bit of sunlight, the screen was almost impossible to see. Does the new screen correct this?
invinciblegod posted on May 4 2006 at 05:51 PM said:
Does the new screen work better in sunlight?
This was a problem for me with my GP32 and DS; is the problem any worse with this new version?

video was awesome though Turrican seemed to run a little slow. is that indicative of all Amiga games on GP2X?

DaveC posted on May 4 2006 at 09:14 PM said:
ingrin posted on May 4 2006 at 03:08 PM said:
The only thing that should have caught us by surprise is that they actually rotated the stick. We knew it had been suggested, but I don't think anyone knew it was actually going to be done. The rest of the stuff has been known for some time.

Actually it is my fault that they fixed the joystick bias. I first discovered the problem here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...4164&hl=dissect

then Craig had GPH look into changing it. I am suprised they actually did it ;)

A handheld console company, listening to well thought complains of its customers, that is really a good thing. Kudos to GPH. By the way i have a Mk I and i'm kinda envious of Mk II owners. Making things like Dwn DwnFwd Fwd Dwn DwnFwd Fwd + C with the original joystick cap isn't precisely... easy...

Back