New Happy Instant Pandora User has questions

Some sticks get REALLY hot if you transfer a lot of data in high speed!

I got a metal stick and nearly burnt my fingers after I copied 5GB data onto it from my desktop PC...

So does that mean the extra voltage required to make the usb port "High speed" causes the heat? Can we change the setting in software to limit bandwidth to decrease the heat exchange? Besides burnt fingers is there any chance of damaging anything?

Some sticks get REALLY hot if you transfer a lot of data in high speed!

I got a metal stick and nearly burnt my fingers after I copied 5GB data onto it from my desktop PC...

So does that mean the extra voltage required to make the usb port "High speed" causes the heat? Can we change the setting in software to limit bandwidth to decrease the heat exchange? Besides burnt fingers is there any chance of damaging anything?

I wasn't writing anything on the Pandora - just loading a few games and playing them, not more than 10 minutes before I noticed this. It affects not only the stick but the general area around the USB port.

I'd be reluctant to leave a stick in for any length of time (like downloading overnight for example) 'just in case'. If there was a way to throttle the bandwith and get less heat, I'd be all for it.

Back