New Heaphone advice

Garrett

Advanced Member
I'm in the market for a new pair of modestly priced (ideally around £50) PC headphones primary use will be gaming/music.

These have been recommended: http://www.amazon.co...54811854&sr=8-1

I'd appreciate some feedback here as I bought my last pair over 10 years ago & have no idea what I should be looking for, i could potentially stretch the budget a little further for anything that warrants it.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used this Gaming Headset for the past 8 years Sennheiser PC151 , however If I just wanted headphones I'd still by Sennheiser, I've always been impressed with there products.. except for one of their Earbud style models..

I also highly recommend Sennheiser, though I'm not sure how they are with gaming headphones. All their products have impressed me so far though. My HD280Pro's are starting to show their age though, and I'm about to order myself a replacement head and ear cushion. Headphones still have a lot of life in them though, and they do offer services to install a mic into them if you want to use them for gaming, or the like.

I've got a set of these : SPEEDLINK SL-8793-SBK Medusa NX 5.1 Gaming Headset.

They are not USB so can be used with other audio sources, have a breakout box so you don't have to unplug the PC speaker outs to use them, are very comfortable & sound superb.

Had them 3 years, used them a lot, never had a problem.

One thing they lack is a mute button for the mic.

I use Sennheiser PX 200 II for mobile audio (I hate earbuds!). Folding supraaural headphones with inline volume.

For my pc and tv I use an Audio Technica ATH-A900. Huge circumaural closed headphones, but very comfortable.

(Although sadly the vinyl cover on the padding is deteriorating after two years of use, every time I use them I get little flecks of black vinyl around my ears)

http://www.futuresoundlab.co.uk/product/fsl-zero/

1864_two_cents_sm_2_rev.jpg

Back