New Joystick Mod And Carrybag

Turambar

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hey, just thought i'd show you all my latest joystick mod, its made from a 6mm acrylic bead (used to be for my tongue piercing) i just drilled the hole bigger (with a standard power drill) and more than halfway through the bead and stuck it on. I can confirm that it is much better than the original cap (that i lost through a hole in my pocket...).

joystick.jpg

And this is the new bag i got to carry it, its main function is to stop the screen from getting scratched when its in my pocket but because its made of a microfiber cloth it can also be used for cleaning the screen :D

bag.jpg

Looks like one of those snowglobe thingies, with a snow-covered christmas tree. :)

Come to think of it, some of those cheap, plastic earrings might be very good for this use...

Cool. It looks kind of like the mod I did using a black plastic bead. Did you just drill it until it stayed on? I found I couldn't get that right, so I drilled it bigger, then cut part of the clear plastic tube you get inside biros, pushed that inside the bead, then pushed the plastic tube over the metal shaft. (edited to fix typos)

I drilled it slightly smaller and used a bit of brute force to push it on, seems a tight enough fit to keep it on there.

I would've used a black bead but the only black beads i have are titanium and i dont fancy trying to drill them...

I'm going to make a few joystick mods:
concave for Genesis emulation
Joystick-style for MAME... just imagine it. The only thing that would be better is to make an extra pad of buttons for vertical-screen emulation. It suck holding it like a potato to play 1941.

Cool. I did a jostick mod tonite but messed up after too much tinkering :ph34r:

I need to "aquire more supplys" so I will post it in a few days...

Back