New LCD?

karl

Still Fresh
The other day I stuffed a little too much into my backpack. Unfortunately, this happened as a result:

Gruesome image, proceed with caution.

mypoorpandora.jpg

Is it possible to purchase a replacement LCD? I ordered from Craig btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other day I stuffed a little too much into my backpack. Unfortunately, this happened as a result:

Warning: Pandora carnage enclosed!

mypoorpandora.jpg
Is it possible to purchase a replacement LCD? I ordered from Craig btw.

You might want to put

Code:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
tags round that - looks gruesome.

Apparently its really hard to install lcds without ripping the cable, I suggest watching the videos on the subject very closely (might be better to let the experts do it :) )

The LCD cable is hard to replace. The LCD alone is easy if you act with caution.

Sad picture btw :/.

A spare LCD cable would probably cost less than shipping the entire pandora to Germany or the UK. Actually, I also wanted to upgrade my pandora to 512MB of RAM... would it be better to wait until the upgrade program and ask for a repair at the same time? The only downside is being pandora-less for another two months™ :(

i see you took an arrow to the LCD...please spoiler it with warning

I think just removing from screws and open the screen parts should suffice.

I did it to reseat LCD cable.

I have plenty of spare LCDs.

Replacing just the LCD isn't too hard, if your LCD cable is fine you can just reuse it.

Yes of course, they are $50.

Do you know what kind of LCD cable you have? Old or new (silver)?

Old.

lcdcable.jpg

EDIT: I just realized that I cropped the photo a little too small. The entire cable is orange.

Switching the pcb itself is a cakewalk, too, so definately.. if you're at all handy, then ordering a pcb and installing yourself is doable, no need to ship the pandora all around.

The LCD cable is _fiddly_, but definately doable.. you just have to be careful..

jeff

You should get a new LCD cable too (you might as well have one spare, even if for now you just replace the LCD).

My advice would be to keep and continue to use your current cable and only ever look to replacing it if it should fail (which it may never do).

You should get a new LCD cable too (you might as well have one spare, even if for now you just replace the LCD).

My advice would be to keep and continue to use your current cable and only ever look to replacing it if it should fail (which it may never do).

I have a spare, but it's one of the old cables. I probably should buy a new one, just to be sure that I don't get the purple tint of death. I'll PM you the shipping address.

Back