New LCD?

Update: I finally got my pandora fixed! And it only took 6 months. :D

newlcd.jpg

Although, right after the pandora logo (which I assume is uboot) I get a weird array of colored vertical lines:

linesc.jpg

Maybe due to the fact that I'm using an old LCD cable? The lines immediately disappear once the bootsplash starts, so it's not a major annoyance.

Other than the lines, there is one other issue:

notquite.jpg

I couldn't get the case back together correctly, and tightening the screws puts pressure on the volume wheel. Any ideas?

Overall, the process was pretty difficult, about 15 times as difficult as replacing a laptop LCD. Getting the replacement part was too. Craig wasn't able to sell me a replacement within a 4 month time period (probably has too many other things to do), so I searched ebay for the part number and found one. According to the seller, the LCD came from an HP iPaq 316. Oh, and there are no dead pixels! :)

Something isn't sitting flush where it is supposed to, probably the stylus holder. It's a tricky thing to get in there right. Take it apart again and make sure it goes back in very carefully.

Something isn't sitting flush where it is supposed to, probably the stylus holder. It's a tricky thing to get in there right. Take it apart again and make sure it goes back in very carefully.

That appeared to be the issue, the holder was sitting on top of (instead of under) two tiny clips. Now my pandora is like new! :)

Thanks everyone for the assistance.

Back