New Machine!

robhurst

Still Fresh
HI guys, I am new to this forum but hoping to become part of a thriving community!!

I have two stupid questions to ask and u did say no question was too stupid!! I am new to the gp2x and have only just got mine, in fact i have the new f200 touch screen model. So far so good but i have two early problems for discussion.

First....GP2X spectrum. I have put this on my machine and have put hundreds of ROMS on. However, the games all run very slow and weird and flickery, almost as if the whole emulator is running on half speed! My brother has a mark two gp2x and exactly the same stuff works fine so i'm not sure if its something to do with the new model i have? I have tried going into the GP2X spectrum menus but there is no option that deals with sorting the problem (at least that i could find)

My second problem is a simple one...this machine eats batteries bad. ok granted i am not using rechargables yet but i will do. HOwever it does not strike me as normal for me to put a brand new set in and within half an hour it gives me a low batt warning. could there be something wrong with the batt compartment?

Ok theres some food to chew on look forward to hearing from you.

Many Thanks
Rob Hurst

i remember hearing that the default clock speed for this program i too slow for the f200 because the touch screen flakes out at very low clock speeds. although, i haven't experienced this myself. did you get metalbrain's latest build (from nov 25)?

rechargeable batteries should give you a few hours. alkalines will only give you a half hour tops.

rokdcasbah said:
i remember hearing that the default clock speed for this program i too slow for the f200 because the touch screen flakes out at very low clock speeds. although, i haven't experienced this myself. did you get metalbrain's latest build (from nov 25)?

rechargeable batteries should give you a few hours. alkalines will only give you a half hour tops.

hi thanks for the quick reply. thanks for letting me know about the alkalines, im pleased that it isnt my gp2x thats the problem.

As for metalbrains latest build? no i don't think so as i have only just taken the machine out the box so wasnt sure if i had the latest build or not. do you know where i can get it?

thanks
rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Back