GP32 New minigp32 dev environement is coming

Pekele

Still Fresh
With Bille2 we worked on e new version of this GCC environement under windows.

what's new :

-GCC 3.2.2
-C++ compilation alowed
-SDL libs from gp32-sdl website added

this ready to use package is going to be released soon.

stay tuned :)

download the package here :

http://unplugandplay.free.fr/minigp32-2.zip

installation is the same as the old package.
create a new directory :
c:\minigp32

and extract the package in it.

add to your autoexec.bat or you variable environement ( XP, W2k ) the path :
c:\minigp32\bin

that's all !

have fun !

Well, I'm currently using CHNs patched DKA, does anyone know how to just upgrade the compiler from 3.0.2 in that, to the 3.2.2 included in this release, without getting errors such as:

Code:
File format not recognized: failed to merge target specific data of file c:\devk
itadv\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\arm-agb-elf\3.2.2\..\..\..\..\arm-agb-elf\lib\libc.a(im
pure.o)
c:\devkitadv\bin\arm-agb-elf-ld.exe: ERROR: c:\devkitadv\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\arm-
agb-elf\3.2.2\..\..\..\..\arm-agb-elf\lib\libc.a(vfprintf.o) uses hardware FP, w
hereas gp32.elf uses software FP
c:\devkitadv\bin\arm-agb-elf-ld.exe: Warning: c:\devkitadv\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\ar
m-agb-elf\3.2.2\..\..\..\..\arm-agb-elf\lib\libc.a(vfprintf.o) does not support
interworking, whereas gp32.elf does
File format not recognized: failed to merge target specific data of file c:\devk
itadv\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\arm-agb-elf\3.2.2\..\..\..\..\arm-agb-elf\lib\libc.a(vf
printf.o)
c:\devkitadv\bin\arm-agb-elf-ld.exe: ERROR: c:\devkitadv\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\arm-
agb-elf\3.2.2\..\..\..\..\arm-agb-elf\lib\libc.a(wsetup.o) uses hardware FP, whe
reas gp32.elf uses software FP

Any help much appreciated...

P.S. Ignore the fact it's complaining about libc at the moment, I realise I am meant to replace it all, I was just experimenting, when I replaced it all, it still complained about the same errors on libs like libmodplay.a

3.2.2's ARM output is looking a good bit better then earlier versions.

I really must get around to building a 3.3 version or playing with the 3.4 CVS.

Pekele, many thanks.

you welcome

i'm translating my tuto in english to port and compile sdl games.

stay tuned

ok, when i set this up i still get error messages :( i would like to use this since it has the command to make a makefile because i hate doing that ;) can i get some help please? do i need cygwin installed? do i need cygwi .dll in my system32 or system directory? am i just a dumbass? is this just a cruel joke :lol: j/k j/k j/k...
help...

The sdl tutorial is online on www.gp32news.com

check it to get tips on compilation, and porting SDL sources

Back