New MP3 player

VirtuaLeech

Just tried gameparks new MP3 player. It´s improved nicely.
It now support random play and different sample frequencies. Now playing a 22khz file and it doesn´t play at double speed :D
Other new options are repeat, file selection list and saving of your file selection list.

Very nice player indeed.

VirtuaLeech posted on May 14 2003 said:
It now support random play and different sample frequencies. Now playing a 22khz file and it doesn´t play at double speed :D
Other new options are repeat, file selection list and saving of your file selection list.

Very nice player indeed.
I cannot get the thing to work. I dumped the mp3.fxe into my GPMM directory and copyied some MP3 in the MP3 directory..bootup and run the program and it just freezes..no response to button presses and no playback of the MP3s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vanamonde posted on May 14 2003 said:

Very nice player indeed.
I cannot get the thing to work. I dumped the mp3.fxe into my GPMM directory and copyied some MP3 in the MP3 directory..bootup and run the program and it just freezes..no response to button presses and no playback of the MP3s.
Try using the mp3 basket maybe.....

Hmm i've had a look on the Gamepark site but not found any info about this. Where exactly do I download it?

:(

Maybe download it again?
Tried that, still doesn't work. It's not the MP3 files as it plays back fine in the in built MP3 player.

that happened to me, i had just one in the dir, i deleted it, put 2 on, and it worked, it supports long file names too, nice.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

128k and 192k sampled mp3s work ok.... my slower sampled files play fast still :/ arrrrrrrrrsssse!
<_<

the ones I have problems with are 16K/16Khz...

I guess I was quoting wrong earlier - they were 44Khz/128bit and 44Khz/192bit.. my mistake.. :D

So let me get this straight, you just put mp3.fxe (or whatever the file name is) in the GPMM directory and then do you copy MP3's by dragging them into MP3 or do you go to MP3 basket as usual? Also so when you turn GP32 on and go to mp3 it will be the new MP3 player? Thanks

zboy9 posted on May 14 2003 said:
So let me get this straight, you just put mp3.fxe (or whatever the file name is) in the GPMM directory and then do you copy MP3's by dragging them into MP3 or do you go to MP3 basket as usual? Also so when you turn GP32 on and go to mp3 it will be the new MP3 player? Thanks
The mp3 basket puts it in MP3 folder too. It just prevent you from putting files that won't work (although not all of them). You'll have to use freelauncher to get this to work, at least until they release the new bios (and then flash it).

craigix posted on May 14 2003 said:
that happened to me, i had just one in the dir, i deleted it, put 2 on, and it worked, it supports long file names too, nice.

-Craig

www.gbax.com
Confirmed. It won't playback if there is only one file, copying anouther MP3 made it work.

thebluenewt posted on May 15 2003 said:
Random play my arse!

It shuffles it the same way every time... :angry:
Who needs random play? I'd rather be happy if the damn thing would finally sort new tracks in a sensible way, instead of a seemingly random order, like artist-year-album-tracknumber. That way you could finally put an album on the SMC without having to manually resort it to the correct running order...

Back