New .next image, help needed

aTc

Very Active Member
Download here :

http://next.openpandora.org/v2012.12/images/openpandora/

Extract to an SD card with a single ext2 or ext3 partition (the pandora uboot doesn't like ext4).

It takes quite a while to get to the first-run-wizard on the first boot, and it may appear to be stuck on it after finishing it, but it should get to the xfce desktop eventualy.

(I only really tested it with it auto login to the xfce desktop)

I started from scratch with this image, so not everything is on there yet.

It is based on the very latest OpenEmbedded and Angstrom, with xfce 4.10

Help is needed to find out why the folowing things aren't working :

wifi

sound

gles (gles example programs are in /usr/bin/SGX/demos/X11/ )

pnd

Last edited by a moderator:
Too busy here to test, but here's my latest Slack feedback. Kinda diff of what i had to repair due to new libs:

-Sound, asoundrc, thanks to vandyswa :

pcm.dmixed {
type dmix
ipc_key 1234
slave {
pcm "hw:0"
buffer_size 8192
period_size 2048
#periods 128
period_time 0
buffer_time 0
rate 44100
}
}

pcm.softvol {
type softvol
slave {
pcm "dmixed"
}
control {
name "Master"
card 0
}
}

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave.pcm "softvol"
}

pcm.dsp0 {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hw:0"
}
}

ctl.dsp0 {
type plug
slave.pcm "hw:0"
}

ctl.mixer0 {
type plug
slave.pcm "hw:0"
}

pcm.imic {
type route
slave {
pcm "hw:0,1"
channels 2
}
ttable {
0.0 = 1
}
}
pcm.xmic {
type route
slave {
pcm "hw:0,1"
channels 2
}
ttable {
0.1 = 1
}
}

GLES: permissions problem on /dev/pvrsrvkm

PND: new udisks (thanks to RedHat idiots) mount devices in /run/media/login/DEVICE (or something like that). So it needs to be patched:

http://slackware.openpandora.org/pandora/index.php?dir=patches%2Fudisks

Maybe not. As some pnds rely on stuff being in /mnt/utmp/...

You'll see it will be quickly very, very annoying to use the removable devices in some situations, browsing, saving.

Also, the change has to be taken in account for some programs, can't recall now but it made me furious.

The udisks change was made for multi-user security reasons, and as you said yourself, the OP is mostly a single-user device.

Also, about security in the current OS, settings are far from acceptable.

We have strictly nothing to gain from the new rules.

Seriously, use this patch.

Maybe not. As some pnds rely on stuff being in /mnt/utmp/...
Yes, but that's where libpnd mounts them, that hasn't changed.

That /run/media-mount is where the automounter now mounts SD Cards, so libpnd with current configured path won't find it.

Well it doesn't even mount the sd card, so we aren't at that stage yet :)

Well it doesn't even mount the sd card, so we aren't at that stage yet :)
I know Angstrom used a special mount-script that I modified in order to mount the card by filename... is that one being used?

PND: new udisks (thanks to RedHat idiots) mount devices in /run/media/login/DEVICE (or something like that). So it needs to be patched:
So what, an attached external media is only available to one user at at time?

What if I want to make it available to all users?

- Neelix

So what, an attached external media is only available to one user at at time?

What if I want to make it available to all users?

- Neelix
Have no idea, once i realized that this new setting was impossible for me to stay with, i patched.

Probably a config file somewhere.

Package to add to the image :

- wireless-tools_29

- evince_2.32.0

- consolekit_0.4.5

/dev/pvrsrvkm doesnt even exist

The pnd scan issue sounds like an easy symlink or conf change .. But if SD mount is borked, thats a bigger issue :)

Great stuff on getting this rolling.. Very awesome :)

SD mounting works again, apparently that's an optional extra in OE.

We're now back to the usual pnd madness :)

So does SD mounting now work in that download linked above? Just checking what should I expect.

not yet, but i'll upload an updated image soon

SD mounting works again, apparently that's an optional extra in OE.

We're now back to the usual pnd madness :)
pnd is not toow eird, its really a very simple system; a couple dependancies.

- aufs -> gets you the mounting magic, should be works or not in theory :) .. and you've got aufs in there, right?

- the detecting an SD eject/insert can be goofy since it currently leverages sillyness, but sebt3 is on top of that; the pnd system can work without that, this is just a nice to have :eek: (on first boot, it'll run a scan anyway, so doesn't even depend on the insert/eject logic there)

- the actual scan a pnd and spit out .desktop etc, is trivial .. just reading/writing files. This part should always work.

Since I was lazy, the detecting insert/eject of SD is done via wahtsittool, and the .net changed the underling madness.. but I think sebt3 said he was on top of that, so should go away soon? Feel free to keep me in the loop, I'll hack or hack where I can.. just have limited time for screwing around, but point me in the right directiona nd I can make changes for ya.

jeff

It may be simple, but no one really bothered to add all the runtime dependencies to the recipes, so it usually requires a bit of digging to find out which tools it tries to call, and which version it expects to be there.

Back