New Pictarss

joce said:
AN IDEA! first batchers don't get paint. i mean, we did pay less after all. idk. looks good with paint, but would be a nice memento
First batch memento will be the lack of screen printing. ;) Oh, and the sticker inside the battery compartment that says First Batch.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's with the black paint right?

I like it better BUT since the paint makes it a bit thicker everywhere, will it make the keymat buttons hard to press? Like get stuck or is there room enough?

It sure looks pretty nice with the paint slapped onto the device. As long as they don't paint the inside, everything will be fine I guess. I sure hope they don't thicken that LCD ribbon slot...

I have dabbled in painting in the past, I wouldn't label myself an expert by any stretch, but if there doing a small light pass of paint, there should be no issues at all. Also, I believe the ribbon slot is hidden, so technically, that spot shouldn't even get painted!

Hey, is this the first pics that show the screw hole covers? Looks nice! B)

Chris

Wow those look good. Hoping that we're going for the paint option now. Although I'd still like it if they told MWeston exactly what paint it is. "Oh it's lead free" well that was reassuring...

Gruso said:
joce said:
AN IDEA! first batchers don't get paint. i mean, we did pay less after all. idk. looks good with paint, but would be a nice memento
First batch memento will be the lack of screen printing. ;) Oh, and the sticker inside the battery compartment that says First Batch.
Aww, I was looking forward to the silkscreened "first batch" mark.

Creature XL said:
[...]put a layer of pain ton top[...]
Hell yeah, I want mine with a layer of pain.

It should be a mixture of genuine "kitten-killed-by-gruso" woe,
"I'm-a-troll-and-hate-you-and-Pandora-for-whatever-reason" agony,
some "Oh-this-console-Is-awesome-wait-nah-it-sucks-WTS" smarting for good measure
and not to forget the good old "two-months" hurt.

That would give me enough pang for my buck.

Is itjust me that thinks it looks wonky ? the right hinge doesn't look right and the keymat doesn't look great on the Pandora thats for sure but lets hope it works well.

And the plastics do look good but they still not showing the top part of the case ? i wonder why ??? hmm.

paddy said:
And the plastics do look good but they still not showing the top part of the case ? i wonder why ??? hmm.
Because this is a picture showing that it all fits together still. We've already seen pictures of the painted top and bottom.

Like i say ,it looks wonky to me ,the right hinge doesn't look like it has been fitted properly, so it's not a very good example of it all fitting together.And i understand this is without the paint but no pics of the top half ,i guess the case company must be embarrassed with the lack of quality they can produce so they paint it up for OP.

Anyway ,i actuly really love the look of the plastics without the paint apart from the top part of the case and i don't think they should be painted unless it's a very high standard finish ,lets just get those cases sent over to the uk and build.

Lovely. :D

It reminds me of the finish on my old black Game Boy Advance SP - and that was my favourite finish on a black handheld ever. I suspect this will look just as good, since it certainly seems to in the photographs.

(For those who haven't seen one, the black GBA SP had a near-identical finish to the one seen in these photos, and it looked incredibly good. I only ever found out that it was black paint on black plastic because after a *very* long time, I wore away a teeny tiny sliver of paint immediately to the right of the d-pad, due to excessive playing when back I had longer fingernails. :p)

I think we have already saw pictures of it all fitting together, what has changed that we need more of the same ? i think the company have sent these pictures to show the screw pads lol i really only see a step back in these snaps and was it not requested that the cases with paint are sent to MWeston least checked in a build to see if theres any problems in thickness added when painted ?

This is all just a waste of time ,stop the pics and port the cases painted or not.

Ohh and what is with the forum being sooo sloowwww, is there an overload of peeps on here waiting on something ?

My understanding is that these pictures are to show MWeston how the painted cases fit together, in case the sample that has been mentioned doesn't arrive in time*. MWeston has mentioned that he told them to put one together with this type of case.

*(Assuming that a sample has been sent - I must admit that I've gotten myself a little confused with regard to the information on that one, at this moment in time. :p )

Back