New Port : Egoboo2x

You not only saved the day by the gpu940 for my MVS/CPS1/CPS2 project, you also got me compiling psx4all with it for kicks again! :) ...Expect some good help from all around for gpu940! Excellent work!

You not only saved the day by the gpu940 for my MVS/CPS1/CPS2 project, you also got me compiling psx4all with it for kicks again! :) ...Expect some good help from all around for gpu940! Excellent work!

cool? :unsure:

^^

edit: could be a xmoto port be possible? i don't _think_ it is using fancy opengl thingies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without getting far off topic, what's xmoto?

I just offered rixed as much time as I can possibly offer to help him along with the gpu940 project. This is something long overdue for the GP2X and I will support it all the way. Thank you rixed. :)

Thank you rixed
The opengl "port" sounds as awesome as the mmu hack month ago :)
Hope you will help the poor devs a litte bit ;)

Maybe its possible to compress all the file into one container?
It need about 100min of time :blink:

@zottd sounds awesome too
I keep my finger crossed (http://xmoto.sourceforge.net/)

Without getting far off topic, what's xmoto?

I just offered rixed as much time as I can possibly offer to help him along with the gpu940 project. This is something long overdue for the GP2X and I will support it all the way. Thank you rixed. :)

X-moto is cross platform "2d" game where you move a dude on a dirt bike around a map to find tokens. You get to all the tokens then you have to find a final token which ends the level. The game plays in a cross section type view, but the biker is 3d. Here the site http://xmoto.sourceforge.net/

great job on the port. i had to edit the gpe file to get it working on my gp2x by having it load the slower gpu940 file and setting the clock speed on the 920 to 250 but it still ran great and much better than expected. great job on both the port and on the gpu940 project showing that the 940 can be useful if handled right.

slightly off topic: I would really like to see gpu940 used to bring some linux versions of abstract shmups to the gp2x especially kenta cho's rRootage. doesn't even use opengl much so shouldn't be too hard to get to work. linux port of rRootage and other shumps here

my favorite thing so far is the gnome with the shotgun and beard :)
this is great. and the further collaborations on gpu940 are bound to produce even more wonderful things.
edit: concerning aba games, i was thinking the same thing.

jbrodack: I second the OpenGL ports of kenta cho's shmup works! If someone else doesn't do it, it'll be on my list. I actually play them, so it's a good project for me.

*** KEEP IN MIND ***
As rixed stated, this OpenGL library will need to be adapted to work with OpenGL games. It seems it's lacking some features still, so it's not "plug and play" but is extremely impressive still and worth adapting imho!

jbrodack: I second the OpenGL ports of kenta cho's shmup works! If someone else doesn't do it, it'll be on my list. I actually play them, so it's a good project for me.

*** KEEP IN MIND ***
As rixed stated, this OpenGL library will need to be adapted to work with OpenGL games. It seems it's lacking some features still, so it's not "plug and play" but is extremely impressive still and worth adapting imho!

+1! kenta cho's shmups are soooo great!
Having the privilege of egoboo beta-test, I already told rixed how wonderful his piece of code was ;)

Out of curiosity how long did it take everyone to transfer this thing to SD? Mines got 5 mins remaining but it has been going on for 105mins soo not funny :(
Does take ages because its loads of small files I think. I haven't tried the game yet as it nearly finished transfering and then told me I was out of space on my sd .... doh! I'll clear some space later and give it a go though.

I also agree that it would be great to see the ABA games ported. I absolutely love Torus Trooper.

It is really nice to see this 'second generation' of GP2X software coming along now which use the second CPU, always nice to see the hardware being used to its max.

Very cool. I'll try this when I get home tonight. I hope this will lead to some more kenta cho shooters ported as well. Torus Trooper would be awesome portable.

It is really nice to see this 'second generation' of GP2X software coming along now which use the second CPU, always nice to see the hardware being used to its max.
...and the Batteries beg for mercy ;)
Sadly, even an normal clocked 2. CPU eats (rechargable) Batteries for Breakfast. ^^"""
How long can the power cells survive with this Game here?

Back