hosant

jungle1.jpg

jungle2.jpg

- Running Linux.
- Designed for MMO's on the go.
- HDMI port
- Micro USB port
- High Resolution screen

- Battlestar Galactica MMO as launch title.
If this gets rooted, watch out Pandora...

It might be a touchpad like on the dinovo mini bluetooth keyboard from logitech. I have one and its a round touchpad but then with a flick of a swithc becomes a dir pad. The dirpad isnt ideal for gaming though.

Heres a photo with the two different modes.

dinovo_02.jpg

Needless to say I was very surprised to see

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/04/panasonics-jungle-portable-gaming-system-emerges-gets-shown-of/

on engadget... I think someone is watching our little project.

It's ugly as sin but it gives me a good idea about how to mod my shoulder buttons. I like the split down the middle.

Hm, how those that works? Would a classic SNES button array work that way? Or is more like the virtual buttons on a touchscreen?

That is the ugliest thing I've ever seen for a handheld system.

mecksg1 said:
That is the ugliest thing I've ever seen for a handheld system.
That's what thousands of people say about the Pandora. ;)

Looks interesting, but I won't raise my other eyebrow until we know what kind of hardware it's packing. This is the first 'Pandora competitor' that could actually pose a threat, IMO.

[edit] Thread moved & merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
using it as a touchpad you just slide your thumb around the pad. When in direction key mode you actually click down in the direction you want and get a tactile click.

Iorgy77 said:
Its a lot better looking than the pandora imo. The pandora looks like a bunch of 1980s IBM executives were asked to design a laptop.
Well, I like the retro plain look of the pandora ;) : This looks like is trying to be to edgy and ends looking as one of those 90's handhelds. But if looks were my concern, I would own an iPad.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only good thing (in front of OpenPandora ) is the hinge ...for the rest Pandora is better i think .

Anyway we need to see the specs before...

*cancels Pandora order*
*orders Jungle*

Sorry peeps...

Just kidding. What I wonder the most is how that thing is going to play MMOs? There aren't that many that run on Linux natively.

Are those double shoulder buttons? thats probably why they needed the wedge shape, I am curious about the dimensions of this thing and the prize. I do think it looks nice.

Back