New Project

i saw this doc on ngc where people caught some kind of bug and they would train it like for stamina they would go on walks trew grass, for muscle strength they would let them swim. all kind of training and then they would let them battle eachother. i loved this and i just wanted to tell you it might be some usefull information.

This game will absolutely rock.

Please please please don't over do it with graphics and the like, but keep the visuals simple. This will inhance the charm of the game and people's imagination's can fill in the blanks.

:)

Seems to be a really good game. When I read your game ideas I get inspired myself to learn program for the gp32 :)

Septera posted on Sep 11 2004 at 06:19 PM said:
Seems to be a really good game. When I read your game ideas I get inspired myself to learn program for the gp32 :)

thanks, i always wanted to be a games designer, ended up as a boring old executive for some reason or another :(

always loved designing games, so homebrew is a chance for me to exorcise my demons and see if half of them are any good or not ;)

i used to try to do everything, i learnt 3D max and photoshop, learnt how to compose midi music etc, did ok with 3Dmax but im just pure rubbish at music composing. i've always loved coding so thats the aspect im most at home with.

im going to get the 'pet' side of things done and release a really early beta. then i'll branch out into the skills, combat, quests, items etc one at a time.

gigas can be a pain in the ass, but im comfy with the GP32 now so this project should progress quickly so long as i can find the time for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll betatest for you. Just drop a line on MSN. I love the games idea. Will your monsters start out as small 1 sprite monsters?

I think my brother could help you out with artwork. His site is here.

What music/sound format is it going to use?

wow, you really seem to be getting stuck into this :)

When it becomes playable, I may have to send you some more donations :)

Hiya, just to show im not all talk - heres some piccys showing progress so far. I hope to have some better stuff to show you soonish, and a demo of some sorts.

1.jpg

^ the way you treat the monster when it's an egg, will reflect in the monsters behavoir when its born. different egg shells give an indication of what type of monster will eventually hatch out of it, this is a standard egg which means you'll get a bog-standard monster out of it.

2.jpg

^ one of the training devices you can buy/use with your monster

3.jpg

^ food bowl

4.jpg

^ this little chap is the monster which is being used for debugging, will get removed eventually once proper monsters are drawn and animated, giving them short legs and long arms makes them easier to animate ;)

Oh, and Huxley helped me decide on the final name of "Guardian Monsters".

Pirotic posted on Oct 8 2004 at 03:40 PM said:
Hiya, just to show im not all talk - heres some piccys showing progress so far. I hope to have some better stuff to show you soonish, and a demo of some sorts.

1.jpg

^ the way you treat the monster when it's an egg, will reflect in the monsters behavoir when its born. different egg shells give an indication of what type of monster will eventually hatch out of it, this is a standard egg which means you'll get a bog-standard monster out of it.

2.jpg

^ one of the training devices you can buy/use with your monster

3.jpg

^ food bowl

4.jpg

^ this little chap is the monster which is being used for debugging, will get removed eventually once proper monsters are drawn and animated, giving them short legs and long arms makes them easier to animate ;)

Oh, and Huxley helped me decide on the final name of "Guardian Monsters".

Nice to see you are still making this...
I'd actually forgotten you'd even started :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I kinda missed the boat on testing gigas. If you need help on this one im game. I think im going to go back to gigas, I had fun with sprites. Maybe ill just keep making them, who knows. good Lucky.

Back