New Ps2

Octavious

Programer Guru! ...in the making
Website
www.retroportables.4x2.net
well, I plan to, later
theres a bunch of good games out for PS2, and it watched DVDs
if there was a small xbox....... ya...
anyways, do you think they will make an official screen?
think the old one will work?
How much for the screen, and what you think of its size to be?
backlit?
maybe a battery add on?
basicly, do you think this will get all the goodies needed for anywhere play?
Car charger, battery pack, SCREEN!!, that would rock, have to get one then
mmm, cant with till price goes down, get another job

what yall think?

~Octavious

hm, it looks good, but ypu dont have the option to use a hd anymore, that would me get a normal one couse the speed boost and comfort you have with it is very nice.

you can copy your games over to it -> much faster loading
you need a official sony bba, any fitting harddrive (at least 40gb max 120gb), and hdloader or a tool simmilar to it

You wont be able to use the old screen for it unfortunatly, the connections in the back arn't in the same place and plus the screen has an od shape that wont accomidate the systems shape... they'll have to make a new one which pisses me off because I just bought a monitor.

Rumor has it that the HD loader and the reluctance of developers to make use of the HDD helped their decision to drop it form the design. but atleast the Modem/ethernet is built in now.

Having seen the pics...and comparing it to my own original ps2.

Where the hell is the fan ? :)

cos at only 3cm thick you certainly cant fit the normal sized fan in....ah how technology progresses.

Ive just ordered ps2linux kit, pretty cheap considering itll turn it into a pc. it was 200Euros

Vimacs posted on Sep 24 2004 at 01:58 AM said:
hm, it looks good, but ypu dont have the option to use a hd anymore, that would me get a normal one couse the speed boost and comfort you have with it is very nice.

maybe they will release a USB HDD

Last edited by a moderator:
well, the fan can be small
I have an old 233 with 2 small fanse, smaller than that
just wonder how much air they move and hope like hell theyll be silent

~Octavious

Steve-O posted on Sep 24 2004 at 02:37 PM said:
maybe they will release a USB HDD

Yup, it will be an external HD. Sony are going to release this model in the US and Japan so they'll have to provide HD support.

The new model looks super sexy (much nicer than the kid-friendly PSOne) but I won't be buying...there's little point when I have a perfectly functional regular PS2 w/internal HD.

I've just purchased a shiney silver old style PS2 so I won't be buying another. Does anyone know of a place on the net where you can buy the PS2 network adaptor with HD loader and a maxtor hard drive in the UK? Besides ebay of course.

finty101 posted on Sep 24 2004 at 05:45 PM said:
Can the PS2 Linux thingy be used on a Maxtor Harddrive?
you can use nearly evry hd that fits, here is a list of testet ones.
http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/
you can get the sony network adapter nearly evryware, amazon is a good place to look, well hd loader seems to be sued, so you have tos earch little bit harder, but theres this other way...

I already have a HD and HDAdvance. I mean can I download the PS2Linux thing from sony and get it to work.

Back